So i have looking around for a good cheap valve combo, i've come across so far.. Blackstar HT-5 Combo, Bugera 6260 Combo.. ugh bout it lol.
Can you guys give me a helping hand? I play Hardcore, Metalcore, Deathcore n all that stuff so pretty high-gain with plenty low end.

My budget is under 1100AUD

Thank you!

(Ino i start alot of threads but some just don't get any replys.)
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Krank rev JR? Randall RG50TC is about the same range as well. Hmm don't know how hard they are to find in the land of Oz, but the Mesa F and DC series can do metal quite well and in the US can be found used in about the same range. I'm not familiar with aussie prices so excuse me if I went way over budget.

Edit: I always forget the B-52, good amp for the price.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Peavey 6505 combo?
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I searched for the B-52, can't find one same goes with Krank Rev JR.
The Mesa's go for like 1,600 used over here. And that Randall RG50TC is in my budget, but i was thinking of going for something under 1100 (Randall is 11100) and maybe having bit left over for a pedal.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I own a Randall RG50TC, wonderfull amp. Look for used stuff, I'm sure you will be able to pick up something worth while. If you can find one in your budget, try an Engl amp.
Fingers>amp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

I hope the this graph is informative and helps you reach a better decision.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Fingers>amp>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else

I hope the this graph is informative and helps you reach a better decision.

Not really
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
well the bugera is 120 watt, the blackstar is 5 watt

is this for your bedroom or band prac
Quote by bucketmark
Not really

Hmm, well, my point is the amp is the most important part of your rig, spend the most money on it. It's easy to save up later and a buy a pedal or two.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Hmm, well, my point is the amp is the most important part of your rig, spend the most money on it. It's easy to save up later and a buy a pedal or two.

I see thankyou kind sir.

This is for bedroom / gigging
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Feb 7, 2009,
Crate v18 costs over $1,000AUD.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
Crate v18 costs over $1,000AUD.

Crate V18 212 is $1000 at Billy Hyde music. I would look at the Crate v50 112 for $1100 if you are gigging with it too.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
I kinda have a thing against crate.. i dunno why lol. Doesnt' look metal enough.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
^ and I hate Crate because, for the most part, they suck balls and there are better amps for the price. (though some Crates are OK, so I don't get abused). TS, I would look for either a used 5150 combo, a Bugera 6260 combo, or a used Marshall DSL, those will get your metal sound for your price range, will have all the power you would need for gigging and will have a nice tone for your genre. Keep your smaller current amp for bedroom practice, or, if you have tolerant parents, practice the **** out of the new one.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I plan on getting rid of my Orange Crush + Pedal to fund my new amp... my current tone was good until i played a Mesa Triple & JCM900..
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Yeah, it always happens whenever you don't have money, I remember my first tube amp experience. I also just thought a used Mesa Single Rectifier must be right up your alley actually.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
1k over my budget and thats used =[
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
1k over my budget and thats used =[

Bro with your budget i could only recommend you Bugeras...........................................................................................
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
Bro with your budget i could only recommend you Bugeras...........................................................................................

Cmon.. bugera's cant be that bad.. just get them serviced n **** and your good right?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
^ They are good, provided you give them a tube change/upgrade. I used a 333XL for overdubs on my band's EP.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
How bout a Blackstar HT-5 with an OD? Would that get me Hardcore/Metalcore/Deathcore? I usually play in Drop C or B
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by bucketmark
Cmon.. bugera's cant be that bad.. just get them serviced n **** and your good right?

yea but the cost for its service re-biasing will use up your left over money.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
bumpage
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Dude, go for the Randall. It's as good (or better, IMO) than the Bugera, and you can easily haggle it down to $1000 (and sometimes they can be found even cheaper on eBay, new) if you really want/need pedal money.

Plus, you won't have to spend money on getting it serviced.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Theres a RG50TC going for 650ono, damn why can't i have this money now!
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
+1 for the RG50TC. OP, you can get one brand new from DrumPower in Melbourne for $850

If you cant find it look it up on ebay i think they list their products on there now
RG's & Mesa's
Peavey:

112 6505+
or
212 6505
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Peavey:

112 6505+
or
212 6505

I'm gunna wait and see how much that 6505+ is gunna be in Australia.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by bucketmark
I'm gunna wait and see how much that 6505+ is gunna be in Australia.

6505 head is $2600. If it is any like the JSX the 212 combo will be $300 more then the head.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Quote by random_B-RAD
6505 head is $2600. If it is any like the JSX the 212 combo will be $300 more then the head.

Theres a 112 combo coming out and it lists for around $700 so it will probably sell for around $500 in the states anyway.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
The RRP for the new 6505+ combo is 719$ so i should be like $1000AUD
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
^It will actually be more like $1500 since stuff seems to double in price when it enters our country. Bugera is probably your best bet for what you want to play, either the 6260 or the 6262 if the clean channel is a bit more important for you. Definitely get it re-tubed.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.