Um, this may seem stupid but...

Are there any effect pedals of multi effects that will allow me to make techno effects on my guitar?

Also another question a bit off topic, is there any pedals thats can make my guitar a octave lower?
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
octave lower yes... I know jack white uses one... and usually if you screw around on the the amp with the gain and the bass you should get some sound of daft punk... I know I do on mine...
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
As for the first question, the only thing that could serve you pedal-wise, is a synth pedal, something like a Line 6 FM4 or soem Moog stuff, but otherwise, not much, You need to get some digital programs like Frooty Loops for that stuff, or a bunch of analog synths.

For the octave down, the Digitech Whammy or EHX HOG can do it, I can emulate a bass guitar with my Whammy, but it honeslty sounds like you would benefit a LOT from a Pigtronix Mothership. There's a video here http://cgi.ebay.com/Pigtronix-Mothership-Analog-Guitar-Synthesizer-Pedal_W0QQitemZ220351392772QQihZ012QQcategoryZ41414QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

IncuEdit: Also mentioned are the Synth Wah and the EHX Micro Synth, which I endorse as recommendations.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Last edited by IncubusMan999 at Feb 7, 2009,
I have a Digitech Synth Wah envelope pedal that usually does the trick. You can get some good "Human After All" kind of synths and "Digital Love" envelopes. If that isn't what you're looking for, I'd go for the Electro Harmonix Micro Synth. It's a bit more expensive, but The Chemical Brothers use it extensively. However, if you're on a budget, the Synth Wah could be your best bet.

Hope that helped.
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
I'm after a synth/keyboard and distortion sounds and bass sounds found in techno music. Will I have to get synth pickups to do that?
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

More than that dude, you need computer programs and plug-ins to do all of that stuff professionally. But no, synth pickups are not necessary, there are perfectly good pedal and rack-mount synths,, like what we have suggested, but be aware, synths always take a while to master.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
For the techno sounds, get a moog pedal and a whammy, and some more, and then get a kaoss pad to control them. And for the octave lower, just use a whammy or a octaver pedal.
Well, the Synth Wah can replicate that distortion fairly well. <link>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNxHtnwegOc</link> <- That's a pretty good demo for the Synth Wah. I have a friend that uses the EHX Synth pedal and you have more control on the attack/decay/sustain/release on account of the pedal's EQ. If you REALLY want to turn your guitar into a synthesizer, I'd suggest looking at MOOG pedals. They're...Really...Really expensive, but for supreme tonal quality, you can't go wrong. I personally don't have the money haha.
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.

Gear:

Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX AC30 CC2X
VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah
Thanks guys, hopefully there is a way to be able to do it without computer programs....? So it be recreated live if needed.

Also I'm trying to get a sound so it doesn't sound like a guitar but a keyboard synth in techno n stuff.
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Last edited by Dimster Ds at Feb 7, 2009,
kaoss pad???

and as aforementioned, digitech whammy can lower it by an octave
Quote by IncubusMan999
guitar with my Whammy, but it honeslty sounds like you would benefit a LOT from a Pigtronix Mothership. There's a video here http://cgi.ebay.com/Pigtronix-Mothership-Analog-Guitar-Synthesizer-Pedal_W0QQitemZ220351392772QQihZ012QQcategoryZ41414QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

That thing makes me drool.

TS, if you have the cash, get this.
Quote by unet
That thing makes me drool.

TS, if you have the cash, get this.

I just checked the video, it's just about what I'm looking for, thanks for posting to the person who posted it.
Quote by Bartleby

Quote by UncleCthulhu

Quote by Boothio
kaoss pad???

and as aforementioned, digitech whammy can lower it by an octave

Google it :p
Or maybe youtube. It's an effects controller.
Quote by Dimster Ds
I just checked the video, it's just about what I'm looking for, thanks for posting to the person who posted it.

No problem mate

Btw, unet, it seems like we have similar taste in effects, what wanting a Fuzz War and liking the Mothership.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM