Yeah, 13-56 strings will do the trick, considering that tuning is pretty much exclusively what they are for. However, when you put them on, check your action and intonation on your guitar and adjust them for the heavier gauge.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Yep. Technically, 10-46's will do Drop A, they'll just be as loose as a 55 year old hooker. It's really up to preference, there are no definite rules, having a heavier gauge is just easier on the neck in terms of keeping a safe amount of tension in low tunings and more comfortable playing wise. I do find that when I tune 10-52's down to C# standard on my guitar, I find the bottom string a little too loose personally, so the 13-56's would be the best bet, from a personal perspective.

IncuEdit: Whatever you do, if you change gauge, definitely make sure you correct your action and intonation accordingly, makes playing a lot easier and more in tune.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Last edited by IncubusMan999 at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by IncubusMan999
Yep. Technically, 10-46's will do Drop A, they'll just be as loose as a 55 year old hooker.

STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
i use 11-50's for drop b, feels good man
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
I use something like 60-52- whatver but then it goes to a set of 12's or 13s with a wound g. id got heaver next time as i think they are still a bit slack
Im quite proud of that LOL

Quote by Unreal445
i found it funny that the pit reported it faster than sky news

Beneath The Fallen
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by bucketmark
i use 11-50's for drop b, feels good man

This.
Quote by drunkass
maybe you should just play bass guitar

Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Last edited by bucketmark at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by drunkass
lol thats funny. sorry not a fan of tuning guitars really low

haha all good man
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by drunkass
lol thats funny. sorry not a fan of tuning guitars really low

Then why post.

Really.

Quote by imgooley
Then why post.

Really.

dang maybe you should take a midol haha
Yep. Technically, 10-46's will do Drop A, they'll just be as loose as a 55 year old hooker. QUOTE]

So sigged
Quote by geeve420
only one solution..........rape, but not from you cause that's just wrong. Go into town and hire someone.
Quote by drunkass
dang maybe you should take a midol haha

Maybe you should gtfo, n00b

What, to you, are acceptable tunings?
Quote by imgooley
Maybe you should gtfo, n00b

What, to you, are acceptable tunings?

you should relax and not take this stuff so seriously, and calling me a noob is kinda retarded, ive been a member of this thing longer than you
Quote by drunkass
you should relax and not take this stuff so seriously, and calling me a noob is kinda retarded, ive been a member of this thing longer than you

Making lame comments=n00bery.

Doesn't matter if you've been here since the site started, if you make comments like 'z0mg, people who tune to drop z should play bass', you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
Quote by imgooley
Making lame comments=n00bery.

Doesn't matter if you've been here since the site started, if you make comments like 'z0mg, people who tune to drop z should play bass', you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

ok whatever dude, i was just making a lame joke about tuning guitars low i really don't care what people tune their guitars too
Quote by drunkass
ok whatever dude, i was just making a lame joke about tuning guitars low i really don't care what people tune their guitars too

His point is, if you don't care, then why post? You were basically asking for someone to call you an idiot, and when it happened, you got defensive. Clearly the people replying to this thread like and/or play in low tunings, so posting your (extremely insightful) opinion on low tunings was just a dumb thing to do.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
His point is, if you don't care, then why post? You were basically asking for someone to call you an idiot, and when it happened, you got defensive. Clearly the people replying to this thread like and/or play in low tunings, so posting your (extremely insightful) opinion on low tunings was just a dumb thing to do.

yeah your prob right oh well, i doubt it'll be the last dumb thing i do haha ive never played that low of tuning. what do you like about it?
Quote by drunkass
yeah your prob right oh well, i doubt it'll be the last dumb thing i do haha ive never played that low of tuning. what do you like about it?

Depends on what I'm playing. I play in drop G# (Ab) for drone and doom stuff, but DbAbDbGbAbDb (DADGAD half stepd down) for mostly everything else. I like how hard the low G# hits when you let an open chord ring, and how heavy it is with really low gain palm muting. It just doesn't sound right up at C.

edit: I play a baritone guitar for my low tunings.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
Depends on what I'm playing. I play in drop G# (Ab) for drone and doom stuff, but DbAbDbGbAbDb (DADGAD half stepd down) for mostly everything else. I like how hard the low G# hits when you let an open chord ring, and how heavy it is with really low gain palm muting. It just doesn't sound right up at C.

so you drop both e strings 1 1/2 step and b string too?, thats interesting. ive never heard of that
Quote by xwearesinking

I play a 24.75 scale semi hollow in Bb

With 11-50's

But then I also play a strat with 13's, so it evens out
Quote by imgooley
I play a 24.75 scale semi hollow in Bb

With 11-50's

But then I also play a strat with 13's, so it evens out

That's sick. I could never get into strats, but if I had one I'd probably keep 12's or 13's on it as well (for DADGAD - 1/2).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
That's sick. I could never get into strats, but if I had one I'd probably keep 12's or 13's on it as well (for DADGAD - 1/2).

I keep mine tuned to standard or open A/E.

So I have suspension cables on my strat and spaghetti strings on my artcore.

Lulz.