Hey, well i have done a cover of november rain and mixed the tracks and everything and it sounds mint. But when i export it to make it one single sound file and then play it, the sound is muffled and theres a whole heap of crackling going on and sounds horrible. How can i make it a single sound file and have it sound as good as it does in the mixing program?

Thanks
What are you exporting it as... and what sample rate did you record at... 44.1khz and
16bit? Also make sure its not clipping anywhere.

Just export to wav.
Or MP3 ABOVE 192khz.
please guys i need to get this as crisp as it is in the mixing program, it goes all muffled when i export it ive tried somany different files and its still muffled
Well, you still haven't given the information that was asked for. What sample rate and bit depth are you exporting at?
There is poetry in despair.
Sounds like your clipping it like a mother ****er.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
The levels are higher than they should be. I'm not sure how to explain it. Especially now, it's half 2 and I just got back from the pub. Heavy night.

Bring the master fader down and see if it helps.
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
The levels are higher than they should be. I'm not sure how to explain it. Especially now, it's half 2 and I just got back from the pub. Heavy night.

Bring the master fader down and see if it helps.

One message every 30 seconds? come on I'm trying to help here!

Edit: Hmm, double post.
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
I'm guessing it's clipping too. Bring down all your levels a bit (if you have a master track, start with that) and try again to see if that solves the problem. Make sure NONE of the tracks hit "Peak" or red even once.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
it could just be really ****ty d/d conversion from whatever he is using as a soundcard. too hot of levels would make it even worse
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.