Time to buy some parts so...
I need a new nut for my Squier (sh... It's all I have right now... sh...) because the plastic POS just sucks. I'm guessing I'd need a flat-bottomed nut, but the possibility of curved-bottomed nuts pops up so I thought I'd ask.

Btw: I'm unbanned.

Edit: Is it hard to slot a non-pre-slotted nut, and if no, what tools would you need for it?
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
pretty sure theyre flat bottom. as far as filing your own nut as long as you have patients its easy to make six slots. if you want good action, intonation on the 1st to around the 4th or 5th frets and good tone and sustain it is extremely hard and i would suggest having a pro do it and if youre interested see if he will show you how its done. learning on your own guitar will probably destroy it before you get it right. its a delicate task that takes patients and precision.
Many strat nuts are now universal, they have a tab so it fits flat slots remove the tab for round ones. And sloting a nut is almost an art. It takes special tools and quite a bit of experience to do a good job.
OK, thanks guys!
And one more question: What type of nut materials are your favorites and why? (I'm buying from Allparts)
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Last edited by asfastasdark at Feb 7, 2009,
anything but plastic is usually considered pretty good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Earvana nuts ftw!

Haha but seriously, look into them. I got one on my strat to test em out, now I have it on all my guitars, the best intonation I've ever had. They come preslotted and everything.