I'd say so.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
all the hondo strats ive played were very nice sounding
they were usually pawn shop guitars and needed setup, but they played good

i would keep it stock and set it up if needed
Wow, that's an awesome tremolo!
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Thanks I will let it as is but I will be shielding the cavities to reduce some hum. And the tremolo is a Kahler Flyer
It's no good, send it to me to keep, lol.

No, I'd keep it stock if I were you.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
I'm curious as I have a similar Hondo..is your body made of plywood?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Thanks, and I dont know what tipe of wood is, probably is plywood. The tremolo is good and keeps in tune very well
IIRC, the Hondo Fame line was the MIJ while the Hondo "Pro" line was Korean and then the Hondo II's were made all over asia, japan included. That model's probably an early 80's model and those MIJ 70's and 80's guitar had some AWESOME sounding pickups. The bodies were hit or miss, there are Strat copies with plywood bodies and solid wood bodies from the same line of guitars. Like, my Ibanez is a 2375, should be an Ash body, but it's actually a plywood body (found that out recently, bummer). I've been checking out japanese strats on ebay and it's pretty inconsistent.

In anycase, I'd keep that thing stock, I just reverted my Ibanez back to stock, actually, and it sounds WAY better than when I had it tricked out. Just give it a set-up, try it out, and if you don't like it, you can customize or sell.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Thanks then the guitar is good or is like any other guitar? Thanks
Quote by J.M.P.A.
Thanks then the guitar is good or is like any other guitar? Thanks

if it is, infact, a Japanese made guitar it's better than most korean guitars being made, even comparable to american made guitars in some cases. If it's their korean model, it's pretty much just, "meh"
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.