Thought I'd just do a basic track, I feel like a lot of the stuff I've been doing lately was too complicated to record at my current skill level (not on my profile), so I did something more simple and it sounds so clean, I'm so proud of it.

Only downside is drums and bass, I plugged some crap bass right into my mac and had to use the crap bass sounds they have on garageband, and also I just imported a MIDI file I made in GP5 for the drums, once again using crappy garageband sounds for the drums. (I really just wish the bass drum was more powerful)

s'on my profile.

Oh yeah, intro is just a random effect bit, please listen past it :P
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Not bad, sounds like hair metal. The title does not suit the music well in my opinion.

3/5
Hair metal? damn lol, maybe I should record it again in D standard =\

Thanks for the info though lol, and I'm never good at titles, I just picked a random Dr. Phil quote.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
what was with the fly intro, well weird. yeah the titles not good, but don't worry mine suck too.lol
me only problem is that theres no progression in you riffs and the drums seem a little. don't get me wrong there's stuff in this song thats good you just need to weed out the weaker ones. get yourself an intro,main,verse,chorus,and middle 8 and this will sound ten times better.
peace

c4c?
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/metal105/
The drums were created in GP then imported into garageband so that's why they're pretty weak, I need to learn how to program me some proper sounding drums.

I usually don't write sections in my songs, they're just mainly samples I guess, because I'm not in a band yet, so I'll either re-do this song or have sections in my next song.

Thanks for the crit bro, heading your way.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
This could turn out really good with some growls in it. If you provide me with some lyrics I'm willing to record those. The song needs some more structure, like metal105 already said. The guitar solo sounded a bit out of place to me.. and if you're re-recording it do it in D standard as you suggested.

Also try listening more actively to the drums in the music you listen to and try copying patterns/rhythms. This helped me out alot with making decent drumtracks. Cymbals are your best friend.

clicky
------------------
Last edited by Mky at Feb 8, 2009,
Thanks well my friend has some lyrics, and they're what that song is based around, but I don't know whether he would let me let someone else use them, or if I could even find them (I actually wrote that song ages ago). That little 'solo' at the start, I know it sounds out of place but I added it to prevent the whole song from getting boring towards the end, can't stay on the same 3 strings... well ya can but ya get sick of it fast :P

Thanks for the tip about the drums too, made me realise. But I'm probably not gonna re-record it in D-Standard since I've moved on to a new song already, it's very kinda Lamb of God-ish so I'll definitely be using heaps of cymbals in the drum track.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Quote by Demonology
The drums were created in GP then imported into garageband so that's why they're pretty weak, I need to learn how to program me some proper sounding drums.

I usually don't write sections in my songs, they're just mainly samples I guess, because I'm not in a band yet, so I'll either re-do this song or have sections in my next song.

Thanks for the crit bro, heading your way.

you on xbox live?
hit me up on a game of cod some time i suck but it's fun
my tag is metaljaymz80
Cymbals are your best friend.

clicky

they sure are, you can layer them over a drum loop and it gives some life.
some are far to processed, you need em rough.