I feel most comfortable when I play in classical position (resting a right handed guitar on my left leg when I play) however I am having some problems with my guitar when I plug it in. I use a LTD H-1000, which has the input jack in the bottom corner of the guitar, so when I plug it in the cable pushes against the chair I am sitting in and completely messes up the position that I want the guitar to be in. How do I fix this?

I see players sitting like this all the time, with input jacks in the same spot on their guitar, and I do not know how the avoid hitting the cord on the chair or stool they are sitting on.

Any advice?
Have you tried using an angled connector? Mogami, Monster and all the others produce cables with 90 degree connectors.
Quote by uk.mace
Sitting further forward on the chair so the cable is over the edge (or maybe diagonally to the chair?) or learning to play another way are the only things I can think of

I like playing in the classical position for a couple reasons: it is the most comfortable position for me to play in; a lot of my guitar heroes practice and play in this position. Sitting more on the edge of the chair is a good idea though... why didn't I think of that?

Quote by KG6_Steven
Have you tried using an angled connector? Mogami, Monster and all the others produce cables with 90 degree connectors.

This is an excellent idea, I may have to go out and buy one just to try it out!

Thank you both.
Angled plugs are great and you should loop the cable over your strap so it remains flush. One word of warning though. They don't last as long as straight plugs, in my experience.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x