I apologize in advance, I'm more into Electric, and just recently started playing acoustic. I was playing the song Emily - From First to Last (I don't like the band, just that song) and I came across this type of chord:

e|---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0------------------------------|
B|---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0------------------------------|
G|---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0------------------------------|
D|---5-5-5---5-5-5---5-5-5---7-7-7---7-7-5------------------------------|
A|---3-3-3---3-3-3---3-3-3---5-5-5---5-5-4------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I always thought acoustic was for actual chord structures, but this seems more like a power chord, except all other strings are played also (except E), and it actually doesn't sound bad.

So my question is, what is this? Just like an acoustic powerchord?
x35000 - C maj 7
x57000 - D 6 sus2 sus4
x45000 - C# min 7 b5

Quote by xkxlxhx
I was playing the song Emily - From First to Last (I don't like the band, just that song)

Nobody is going to laugh at you or think anything about you because you do or don't like some band. This is the Acoustic & Classical forum Welcome!

Quote by xkxlxhx
I always thought acoustic was for actual chord structures, but this seems more like a power chord, except all other strings are played also (except E), and it actually doesn't sound bad.

Acoustic guitar isn't "just for" anything. You can play anything on an acoustic guitar. It sounds like you have a lot of discovering to do on your acoustic guitar still Don't just play open chords! It's just like your electric guitar except you don't have to lug an amp around.

Quote by xkxlxhx
So my question is, what is this? Just like an acoustic powerchord?

Power chords are the same on acoustic guitars as they are on electric guitars. A power chord is just a root note and it's 5th (sometimes people will include an octave also, but it's technically just a root and fifth). So no, these are not power chords. They are what I listed above
^agreed! i like to think of the acoustic guitar as THE guitar, similar to the Piano as the original form, you are limited with just whatever tone the woods of the guitar and your fingers can make but with creativity you can have endless possibilities! i love doing those kind of chords were half of it is barred and the rest is open strings. some beautiful sounds from that stuff.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
i like to think of the acoustic guitar as THE guitar

100% agreed.