http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_MLCOUSTIC%20Acoustic%20Electric%20Guitar%20Black_-1_10052_10002_-49957186_cmCategorySA182788

Does anyone have this? It looks pretty wicked. But, I want to know about the sound? Is it good? If not, can someone recommend me a decent acoustic maybe acoustic-electric for around the same price. I currently have an Ibanez, the acoustic Electric in the Jolt pack...
Never played it, but I can guarantee you that it won't sound good.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
^ What he said. By the laws of physics, it's not possible for that guitar to sound good.

Here's my suggestion: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-FG720S-Folk-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=518275

In general, flashy shaped/looking guitars don't sound very good. There are exceptions though, such as the Epiphone EJ-200 and humming birds, etc.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I'm not too sure about peoples replies. I've heard an acoustic flying V which sounded amazing, like completely bright, warm and clear...

Tbh, the best acoustic I could recommend is an ovation. You would have to save up a little bit more but it's definitely worth it. I just got one today and I've barely been able to put it down.
The laws of physics will not physically allow a Flying V or that acoustic guitar to sound good. Sharp angles ruin sound projection and tone. As well, both guitars are made of laminate, which makes it sound even worse.

These kinds of guitars are just gimmicks to appeal to the electric guitar playing community.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
its gonna sound good
just by having a cut away on the guitar ****s it up now all that **** is gonna be ****ed up i have a dean pe sm and it sounds pretty good but damm that guitar looks prety sick
Quote by cueva101
its gonna sound good
just by having a cut away on the guitar ****s it up now all that **** is gonna be ****ed up i have a dean pe sm and it sounds pretty good but damm that guitar looks prety sick

listen to everyone else its not going to sound good, I tried an acoustic flying V for about 30 seconds, than I put it back and walked away.
Listen to captivate. When it comes to acoustics, the man really knows what he's talking about.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by captivate
The laws of physics will not physically allow a Flying V or that acoustic guitar to sound good. Sharp angles ruin sound projection and tone. As well, both guitars are made of laminate, which makes it sound even worse.

This is right -- the reason is that the angles reduce the amount of vibrating surface area that the top has to move the air inside of the guitar. Also, the thin body simply means less air to move. The result will be a thin sound with no volume.

Try this on your acoustic -- take a piece of cardboard or something that you can use to cover your soundhole. Pluck your A string and listen to the difference between the sound with the soundhole covered and uncovered -- that difference is because the top is moving the air inside the guitar when the soundhole is uncovered. An acoustic like this will not be able to move the volume of air as a more traditional guitar -- even if it is laminated.

You might get a good sound amplified, but I doubt your getting good electronics at that price.
I'm a multiple Dean owner, and I won't touch a "pointycoustic"- nobody's. Like others have said, physics simply won't let its acoustic output compare to more traditionally shaped acoustics or A-Es.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by AcousticMetal
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_MLCOUSTIC%20Acoustic%20Electric%20Guitar%20Black_-1_10052_10002_-49957186_cmCategorySA182788

Does anyone have this? It looks pretty wicked. But, I want to know about the sound? Is it good? If not, can someone recommend me a decent acoustic maybe acoustic-electric for around the same price. I currently have an Ibanez, the acoustic Electric in the Jolt pack...

I own this guitar and it sounds fantastic! better than any of my other acoustics....BUT only when plugged into an amp. I don't think it was ever really designed to be very loud on it's own.

..just my 2 cents.
Quote by slitzer
I own this guitar and it sounds fantastic! better than any of my other acoustics....BUT only when plugged into an amp. I don't think it was ever really designed to be very loud on it's own.

..just my 2 cents.
OK, first this thread is four years old, so nobody really cares.

But, if the guitar only sounds good when it's plugged, then it's not really an acoustic, now is it?
Last edited by Captaincranky at Aug 28, 2013,
This thread was long dead, and this model is discontinued. Did you really have to bring it back to life?
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Quote by Funk Monk
This thread was long dead, and this model is discontinued. Did you really have to bring it back to life?
Oh I don't know. It does present the opportunity to heap more insult and abuse on Dean acoustics, so it can't be all bad.