Hello,
I've been looking around different guitars on the web for past couple of weeks. After searching for few longs days, I've decided on to these three guitars; B.C. Rich Nj Deluxe Jr. V, Dean Razorback V 255 and Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR. They basically have almost the same specs and also are within my budget, which is US $800 (amount of hard shell case included).

B.C. Rich Nj Deluxe Jr. V
Price: $800

Specs:
Construction: Neck through
Body wood: Mahogany
Tuners: Grover
Fretboard: Ebony
Frets: 24 jumbo
Scale: 25 1/2”
Bridge: Floyd Rose® Original tremolo
Pickups: EMG® 85 neck, 81 bridge
Controls: 2 volumes, 1 tone and 1 three-way toggle
Special: Full pearl binding
Color: Onyx
Hard Shell Case included.

Dean Razorback V 255
Price: $700 (Overstock Price)

Specs:
Construction: Set Neck
Fretboard: Rosewood
Bridge: Licensed Floyd Rose tremolo
Pickups: EMG® 85 neck, 81 bridge
Controls: 1 volumes, 1 tone and 1 three-way toggle
Color: Black/Yellow

Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
Price: $700 (Overstock Price)

Specs:
Construction: Set Neck
Fretboard: Rosewood
Bridge: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
Pickups: EMG® 89 neck, 81TW bridge
Controls: 2 volumes (Tap), 1 tone and 1 five-way toggle
Color: Black Or Black Cherry
BINDING: Abalone Or Mother Of Pearl

I play almost all kinds of metal and at times rock, blues, jazz and classical too. Seeing these three met all my needs (specially the Schecter), I've decided on to these guitars. But I've heard/read that B.C. Rich uses cheap materials on almost all of their products, the licensed floyd rose on the Dean never stays in tune and Schecters have very wide neck which isn't suitable for faster metal and shredding. I can't actually try them out before buying as I'll be importing them from the US (That's why I need a hard case). Now I'm torn between these and want you fellow guitarists opinion on buying my 2nd electric guitar.

Thanks.

P.S. I wanted the a V from the Schecter too but that's $900 without the case.
My friend and I have actually played all three of those guitars at one point and we both have prefered the Schecter over the other two. We just loved the way it felt and how it sounded. Now, I pretty much play the exact same genres of music you do, and I find the Schecter to fit metal and hard rock perfectly. It was also really good clean too, so just because it has emg's doesn't mean it's not versatile. So, short answer: I prefer the Schecter a lot more than the others...
i own the Gibson SG special faded worn cherry and its pretty versatile , it can sound metal from thick clean jazz depending on your amps and pedals setting. plus the rosewood fret board can get smooth after u play it for awhile. i'd go w/ the Schecter Hellraiser Sunset FR
I'd get the NJ Deluxe V Jr.
The EMG 81TW/89 set is overrated. The 89 doesn't actually sound the same as an 85. Plus, I'd take a Neck-thru over a Set Neck any day.
Plus, I'd also take an ebony fretboard over rosewood.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
I'd say the BCR or the Schecter.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
BCR or Schecter, i personally am not a fan of shecter necks AT ALL, so i'd probably go with the BCR but if you like thicker necks then it could be the better choice
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
dude get the schecter deans suck ass from what i hear and b c rich isn't that great either. plus the schecter looks sexy as ****.
I'd get the B.C or the Schecter, the B.C has got a Ebony fretboard and the Schecter has got a Rosewood, but I like the looks of the Schecter more, it's all up to you pretty much try all of them out and see which one you like the most.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
People favoring BC Rich? What has happened to this thread?
But seriously the schecter
Neck tru<Set neck
Also the Schecter's EMGs are splittable
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
Quote by tsukoyomimoon
People favoring BC Rich? What has happened to this thread?
But seriously the schecter
Neck tru<Set neck
Also the Schecter's EMGs are splittable

The neck thing is all preference.

Also, the Schecter's EMGs that are splittable don't sound the same as the non-splittable ones.
the deans neck is faster.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by Pac_man0123
The neck thing is all preference.

Also, the Schecter's EMGs that are splittable don't sound the same as the non-splittable ones.

Nah, just the 89 and 85.
The 81 and 81TW sound about the same.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
i say wait till you play all 3 and make a decision

the best way for you to decide
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Dude get the Rich,I got my NJ dlxjrvo for 700 about 2 month ago(before the announced price increases) and i gotta say it sounds amazing,has a great neck and stays in tune.
Oh and it came with one of the best/most durable string set i have ever seen
The Schecter. Its much more versatile in the long run. I have a hellraiser Tempest and I can play almost anything on it. Coil Tap FTW
Guitars:
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest Left Handed
Yamaha FG720SL Acoustic
Amp(s):
Fender Blues Junior (needs new tubes )
Guitar Rig 4, if that counts
Schecter the dimebag models are garbage and are way overpriced
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Pac_man0123
I'm pretty sure that's not a Dimebag model...

Your right pacman, I didnt read if fully I just saw dean and the price and assumed I really need to start reading the OP's on these recommend a guitar threads I always read the short ones
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
I would say B.C Rich or Schecter as they both have OFR but out of the two i would say B.C Rich as i personally think the emg 81/85 combo sounds better than the 89/81tw.