Ok so i know exactly how to do it but the adjuster thing requires a normal wrench VS. an allen wrench and i know its smaller than 5/16 but does anybody know exactly the size?

thanks
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
its not an allen? thats crazy, i thought they were all allens. i think quarter inch is the next size smaller,unless its metric which i highly doubt
well im used to strats which use the allens but when i went to adjust my SG there was no place to insert it like on the strat so im pretty damn sure it needs a normal wrench
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
well im used to strats which use the allens but when i went to adjust my SG there was no place to insert it like on the strat so im pretty damn sure it needs a normal wrench

No place to insert it? Did you take off the truss rod cover?
^of course i did i took of the cover and there was the truss rod but no place to put in the allen wrench
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
any one else have an idea
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
they have a nut like this one:
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
they have a nut like this one:

its just like that except in the little hole there is some white stuff or somin
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
its just like that except in the little hole there is some white stuff or somin

You can tell you've been ripped off when the truss rod is covered in semen.
^ha ha yeah thats really funny,i guess i've have to go to GC and see what they say or just get an overpriced set up done there
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
^ha ha yeah thats really funny,i guess i've have to go to GC and see what they say or just get an overpriced set up done there

DO NOT GET A GC SETUP

Go to a local shop they will do a much better job
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
well to be frank there aren't really any (To my knowledge) local shops in charlotte although i have been wondering if the techs at GC work through a local shop
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
look, just get a wrench of the right sort and you're set.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by sandman-105
well to be frank there aren't really any (To my knowledge) local shops in charlotte although i have been wondering if the techs at GC work through a local shop

They are supposedly certified repair techs but Ive heard about alot of issues with setups there.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by sandman-105

I called last night, asking how much it would cost. The guy said $60-80 which imo is completely ridiculous.
Its meant for some inverted allen wrench thing that i don't know with it is called. It is supposed to come with your gibson when you buy it, but some stores rip people off and don't give them the extras. The nut on the truss rod is shaped like an allen wrench, and it fits inside the tool
christ.

the stuff in there is the rod.

it's a bullet, nut, what-have you

and you just need to try a few sockets in there.
probably imperial not metric. 5/16"?
(check hardware store)

do you have a socket set in the garage/shed?

common sizes....

http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Musician/GenSetup/TrussRods/TrussRodAdj/tradj.html

simple tool and sizes....

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Special_tools_for:_Truss_rods/Pocket_Truss_Rod_Wrenches.html

dont adjust until measuring angle. click green link in my sig if not sure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 7, 2009,