Okay, so I just changed the oil in my car, and after I changed it I realized I mixed 5W-20 and 5W-30 oil together. Is this bad?
love is love // return to dust
probably not but you should go by what the manufacturer specs are

it will run and wont damage your car but if you can just do it again with the righ oil to be safe
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
check the specs or call a mechanic
if in doubt, spend the money and just change it to the right oil
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
Shouldn't be. 5W30 means that when you first start your car, the oil behaves like a 5 weight. Once your engine's heated up it thickens and acts like 30 weight oil. It shouldn't be a big deal, imo. You basically just have 5W25 now.
Why all the serious answers? I was hoping for a "Holy ****! I really hope you didn't start it yet"
It's not the best idea, considering your car's oil should be one or the other, but mixing them and creating 10w-25 isn't going to hurt too much.
Quote by tancanada
Okay, so I just changed the oil in my car, and after I changed it I realized I mixed 5W-20 and 5W-30 oil together. Is this bad?

yes, it's bad.

This is the Automotive equivalent of mixing wine and beer. You wouldn't do that, would you? Your poor car is gonna puke. Probably overheat and spew antifreeze out the radiator cap. Then it might piss transmission fluid in a big puddle on the ground. Maybe ever shit axle grease. Who knows?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
As long as you don't mix synthetic with regular motor oil you should be fine.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
^that doesn't matter. If it's the about the same weight, it wont hurt. oil is oil

And no , it won't hurt that you mixed those.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
its just a thicker viscosity at cold. It really wouldnt make much difference if its synthetic in anycase.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
u can mix any kind of oil... 520 with 530.... 1030... 520. it doesnt matter really

if ur car has synthetic oil. and u mix plain 530..520.. whatever with the synthetic then the syn oil is now sh*t
as said, probably no harm.
unless your car is quite old as in pre '98. if its more than 10 years old/ maybe 120k miles, i'd drain it and put in the right oil, just to be safe.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*