Anybody had any experience with one of these. I am wanting a 12 string electric, and there is a used one at a GC, in my price range.

I think it could be a pretty awesome guitar, as it would prolly need a tuner change and an electronics swap.
As with all used gear... (And new gear)
Try it out first. There is no guarantee that the one you are looking at will be that great. Plug it into an amp first, play on it for a while, and then decide if its still for you.

All the little things like the neck being warped some, cracks, bad dents, rust, frets badly worn, frets not fully attacked, frets sticking off the sides of the neck, and all that good stuff you look for. Check for some of that first before you decide to buy.

Edit: After you check that stuff if you really like it then get it. Some people like different tones from their guitar and only you can decide what that is.
Last edited by Chaos Nil at Feb 7, 2009,
Keep in mind it will be heavy
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
I plan on playin and inspecting it. Just wondered if it would even be worth my time. It's a bit of a drive. I was hopin to get some feedback from somebody that owns one or plays one regularly.
I played one once. They're definately heavy. Almost obnoxiously heavy. The tone however is absolutely beautiful. I Found one in near perfect condition for $850 at a shop near my house and I've been considering it.
Originally Posted by -Collapse

What the hell is emocore? O.o
They make up some dumb genres now.

You can't be hardcore and emo.
Harcore=A Badass
Emo=A Pussy
Emocore = Destruction of space time continuum.

Quote by guitaruboy
wonder how well it would work to cut it in half and then refit them to be two different sg's

Youd have to worry about that middle section looking weird though
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
i mean, it looks sexy, but ive never acctually played one, they look incredablily heavy though
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Weight shouldn't be an issue, as I have a couple of 11lbs LP's that I play for hours on end, and I don't think a double neck would be something that would be must for alot of what I play, though I plan on using it plenty, a couple songs or jams at a time.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Youd have to worry about that middle section looking weird though

oh snap!
cut off the horn side of one (whichever you want)
and then the other with look like a bo diddly copy!
20 frets. On both necks. That's enough to put me off on a $1,100 guitar, for that much I'll buy a good 12-string and a good 6-string with at least 21 frets.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
The reason you always see those things used and never new is that no one wants to keep them. They look cool, but are a royal pain in the ass.
no
Quote by necrosis1193
20 frets. On both necks. That's enough to put me off on a $1,100 guitar, for that much I'll buy a good 12-string and a good 6-string with at least 21 frets.

Cause those extra 2 frets on a normal guitar would be so friggin useful
Quote by bucky_2300
The reason you always see those things used and never new is that no one wants to keep them. They look cool, but are a royal pain in the ass.

What's your point? They aren't really more of a pain in the ass than any other guitar. Sure, they are heavy but as I said, that point is moot.
Quote by MAYNARD
What's your point? They aren't really more of a pain in the ass than any other guitar. Sure, they are heavy but as I said, that point is moot.

It's 'cause they are huge, not everyone wants to swap 18 strings when he restrings and tune them all, only 20 frets and they don't really look comftorble.
Quote by MAYNARD

you've never played one then...
So changing my strings is gonna take a little bit longer? Well, that guitar is a piece of crap, for sure.
Quote by MAYNARD
So changing my strings is gonna take a little bit longer? Well, that guitar is a piece of crap, for sure.

No, it's gonna take you three times as long and you'll have to pay for three times as many strings.
I dunno about you, but I don't want to pay 30€ for strings for the useless gimmick of a second neck.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Feb 10, 2009,
So, 20-30 minutes? Plus, it won't be played as much as my others, so the strings won't need to be changed, much. I have 3 guitars that I play and restring regularly.
Oh geez, I hope that doesn't make me go broke.

It's no more of a useless gimmick than alotta other guitars. I have already written a couple songs, that I would use the guitar for.

I haven't searched extensively, but it actually seems to be one of the better options for an electric 12string.
Quote by MAYNARD
So, 20-30 minutes? Plus, it won't be played as much as my others, so the strings won't need to be changed, much. I have 3 guitars that I play and restring regularly.
Oh geez, I hope that doesn't make me go broke.

It's no more of a useless gimmick than alotta other guitars. I have already written a couple songs, that I would use the guitar for.

I haven't searched extensively, but it actually seems to be one of the better options for an electric 12string.

Oh wait, I just noticed that you're the TS, that's why you're being such a bitch.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Oh wait, I just noticed that you're the TS, that's why you're being such a bitch.

You just think he's being a bitch because he doesn't agree with your silly idea that the guitar sucks because it's got 18 strings.

If he had separate 12 and 6 string guitars he'd be in exactly the same situation. The fact that it's combined to 1 guitar doesn't make it any different to restring.
They're pretty good. I almost bought one of the limited white ones a year ago. Only reason I didn't was because I realised I prefer the 12 string neck to be on the bottom and the 6 string on top, so I'm going to be having a go at making my own in a few months instead.

Bu my personal preference aside, I couldn't find anything wrong with the white one I tried. Sure it wasn't flawlessly perfect, but no guitar in that price range ever is. The only real probably I found with it was like with many Epiphones, the pickup selector was a little crappy and there was a loud, very audible click when using it. 'Course it needed a set up too but what guitar is ever set up perfectly on the shelf?

Anyway it's not like there are many other options for double necks for that kind of money. There is the Agile version, but you can't try that before you buy it. I'm not aware of any other ones even existing.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Jim85IROC
You just think he's being a bitch because he doesn't agree with your silly idea that the guitar sucks because it's got 18 strings.

If he had separate 12 and 6 string guitars he'd be in exactly the same situation. The fact that it's combined to 1 guitar doesn't make it any different to restring.

If you can find following statement in one of my posts "That guitar sucks", I'll report myself to mods and have myself banned.

He is a total bitch, he's being sarcastic and offensive.
Quote by MAYNARD
Anybody had any experience with one of these. I am wanting a 12 string electric, and there is a used one at a GC, in my price range.

I think it could be a pretty awesome guitar, as it would prolly need a tuner change and an electronics swap.

My friend did exactly that and it sounds pisser (In a good way, I'm from Boston) If the new pickups are in your price range as well I definately suggest it (oh and start lifting, those things are heavy as ****)
UG's Prodigal Son
I was only being sarcastic about the ridiculous reasons given that the guitar is bad, that I have stated I am willing to deal with. It's plain to see that the guitar is huge, heavy and has alotta strings to change. If I wasn't willing to deal with that I wouldn't be interested in it.
Quote by MAYNARD
I was only being sarcastic about the ridiculous reasons given that the guitar is bad, that I have stated I am willing to deal with. It's plain to see that the guitar is huge, heavy and has alotta strings to change. If I wasn't willing to deal with that I wouldn't be interested in it.

I haven't even been stating reasons why the guitar is bad, I've been saying why it's more of a hassle to handle than a normal 6 string, which you would know if you had actually read your own thread.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I haven't even been stating reasons why the guitar is bad, I've been saying why it's more of a hassle to handle than a normal 6 string, which you would know if you had actually read your own thread.
You're very quickly becoming the king of redundant posts.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
You're very quickly becoming the king of redundant posts.

I can't stand it when people act like him.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I can't stand it when people act like him.

You come into my thread and make the same statement 3x, after I have already said those things aren't issues, and I'm being the bitch?
Quote by MAYNARD
You come into my thread and make the same statement 3x, after I have already said those things aren't issues, and I'm being the bitch?

I stated something, you questioned it, I defended it, you got sarcastic, I told you off.

I don't see the repetition.

Again, if you can find a statement of mine being repeated 3 times, I'll post the Lol Wut pear and have myself banned.
Last edited by Nilpferdkoenig at Feb 10, 2009,