Going to look at another guitar in the next week..

So far my experience is limited to my C-1+ and the Squier I started out on. I haven't had the opportunity to try out many options, as I'm a lefty and the local store is rather limited. So I'm going to be taking a 30min to 1 hour drive and check out some of the stores in the surrounding area, including guitar center.

I'm looking at something in the $600-800 dollar range (u.s.).

I'd like to try out a dinky, I've heard many great things and know for sure that they come in lefty.

I'm a little partial to my C-1+, so I was going to check out the C-1 Blackjack.

Also, I noticed there are many ESP LTD models in this price range, but I'm unsure of their quality, as well as if any of their models are lefty available.

I've become a bit of a Seymour Duncan fan, but I'm willing to try the EMG's or something with Dimarzio's as well, if possible. I'm not overly fond of the FR models, but my only real experience with a tremelo system was the Squier, which I didn't care for. Also, for the time being, I'm playing on a solid state Randall. Not sure if/when I'll be upgrading from it any time soon.

I'm into hard rock and metal, from the classic to modern (Sabbath > Metallica > 5FDP, ATR, KSE, Disturbed, Mudvayne etc. etc.)

Any info or suggestions would be fantastic, thanks!
Look into Ltd deluxe series i have a ec-1000 and a m-1000 on the way and there amazing guitars! Dunno how much they go for in the states tho. I just never got on with schecter or jackson necks but then again you might like them.
Quote by GuitarHeroUK
Look into Ltd deluxe series i have a ec-1000 and a m-1000 on the way and there amazing guitars! Dunno how much they go for in the states tho. I just never got on with schecter or jackson necks but then again you might like them.

EC1000 goes for about $900-980 US if you look around.
The EMG models are $80 more than the models with Duncans.

I bought one about three years ago. Great guitar easily worth "list price".'

I got the amber sunburst with the Duncan JB/59 pickups.
I can't speak for the EMG models. I'm not big on active pickups.
Jackson's are best. Extremely versatile. Other than that, the ESP LTD 1000 with Duncans or the Schecter C-1 Classic.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I would definitely be willing to spring for a little bit more (the EC-1000) price range, if the quality is a sure thing. However, is it safe to assume I could choose the color and still get the duncans in it? I spose I could call the nearest dealer.

I've heard a lot of good things about the EC-1000.
Quote by jgleason82
I would definitely be willing to spring for a little bit more (the EC-1000) price range, if the quality is a sure thing. However, is it safe to assume I could choose the color and still get the duncans in it? I spose I could call the nearest dealer.

I've heard a lot of good things about the EC-1000.

Ducans are only in the amber sunburst model.