Page 1 of 11
what's the worst insult someone has ever said to you as a guitar player?

with me, about a week ago, I met up with a friend of a friend to jam with him and his band. when I got there, he said "dude, our bass player didn't show. can you play bass?"
..... I falcon punched him in the stones and left.
My gear:
1969 Gibson SG
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Full Stack
Dunlop Cry Baby
Digitech TL-2 Hardwire Metal Distortion
Digitech Digital Delay
"you sound like forsakenpromise when you play"
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
Quote by forsakenpromise

with me, about a week ago, I met up with a friend of a friend to jam with him and his band. when I got there, he said "dude, our bass player didn't show. can you play bass?"

that just makes you an ass..
Quote by Mky
"Can you play 50 Cent?"

Lol WUt?
Yoda i be!

Quote by lzrdsixsix6
its so much funner doing it with friends tho...........like masturbation

Quote by GrayFoxz
With your post, the pit has its rightful name - the pit, the most lowest place on earth, after a 100 feet of earth and 200 feet of sh|t .
Quote by forsakenpromise

like you did.

also, you suck, the bass can be a really hard instrument und being asked if you can play it is a compliment.
Quote by blue_strat
This is Germany we're talking about.

Germany

Quote by stoner179
Thanks alot. When i read the first sentence, i dont know why, but i laughed in the middle of my first class at tech school. You sir have made me look like a fool for the first and last time
"Dude, you should be our manager."

There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
someone said that I (one of the bigger hard rock/blues rock players in my town) was was an emo cause i had a white Les paul. i was like ....hmmmm ok. I kept on playing .

other than that ive never received and insults to my style or technique.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
I think the worst are when intended compliments are really stupid. Like,"Dude, you're like the black Jimi Hendrix! Does that guy even still make albums?"
Corona Corona
Quote by forsakenpromise

You gear is very sexual, 1969 sg, a triple rectifier
Smart Pothead and Proud
Quote by LReiter
like you did.

also, you suck, the bass can be a really hard instrument und being asked if you can play it is a compliment.

I concur. I actually play both the guitar and the bass although the guitar is my favorite. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy hanging out in the pocket with my J-bass, you know?
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by LReiter
like you did.

People just don't see the importance of the bass.
Quote by Seryaph
I concur. I actually play both the guitar and the bass although the guitar is my favorite. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy hanging out in the pocket with my J-bass, you know?

Bass is fun to play from time to time. I prefer the guitar, thought.
i was trying to explain why jonas brothers suck

"they're better than you" is all she said

and i lol'd and walked away
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by demoniacfashion
I think the worst are when intended compliments are really stupid. Like,"Dude, you're like the black Jimi Hendrix! Does that guy even still make albums?"

i hate that people relate me to him... especially when im playing a completely different genre than him(metal stuff) they just relate me to him cuz im blizack
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Seryaph
"Dude, you should be our manager."

Thats a though one.

As for myself, idk.

Once this dude Id never played with, told me they were missing a guitar player and if I wanted to join them, I said, sure.
He then heard me play and never called me..
Last edited by Just_Matt at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by forsakenpromise

He deserved that falcon punch, too!

What kind of moron assumes that just because you can play a guitar you would be capable of playing bass? The nerve of that guy!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
"lol wut? You cant play guitar, youre a girl"
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
i had a tryout for a band and played a bunch of pantera solos and all, and the guy told me i suck for his bands kind of music( they are a staind wannabe sounding group)
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
"You suck."
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
i get where your coming from, im one of the few people in my town that actually plays bass, so im frequently being asked by complete crap bands/guitarists that im 1000's of times better than on guitar, if ill play bass for them... its kinda @#$&ed up
i was playing a bit of bass, nothing special, just like classical kinda slow stuff-improv and some girl goes- "Oh are you tuning?" and she was 100% serious
lp345: It's a virus
rage6945: i went on a little bit torrent spree and got Jay-z's black album
nebno6:Maybe it's god punishing you for having a bad music taste.
nowa90:UGNED!!
Victor Wooten, Billy Sheehan, Les Claypool. Check them out and try to say playing the bass is an insult!
Gear: Gibson SG standard EMG ZW pickups, vintage Acoustic combo, Boss ME-50, 12 string Ibanez.
I haven't really got any insults, just people who used to tell me to turn my amp down. Those people no longer exist. Oh, and I suppose having the audience clap a little less than for you than the first guy is an insult too.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
i can't recall an insult i've ever had...when i first started playing i didn't tell anyone that i actually played until i actually got good and could play impressive things.

So the average person is impressed i guess but other musicians don't insult me, they just offer suggestions on how i play things, like "You might want to accent that last note of the phrase" or "you might need to work on your sixteenth note runs, but other than that it sounds good"
well...

when I started I pretty much caught on with playing guitar really easy, it spurred me to get a better rig and to take playing guitar with my old band pretty seriously. the bassist we had was also good at guitar though not as good as me.

anyways at school we were starting music class in our yr 12 year, and we were discussing as a band on what we should play, basically throwing out ideas and shiz before we got to jamming, we decided that our old bassist would play rhythm and we'd get someone new to play bass, he'd been playing for a year and was not up to scratch with our old one but we needed two guitarists.

and so the rhythm guitarist pipes up, 'YOU should be playing bass'. I just laughed it off...I knew he was just trying to get into playing lead for us but making me and the new bassist swap instruments isn't going to do anyone any good.

I was pretty much insulted but I didn't take it harshly or make a big thing of it thankfully.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I used to play rhythm guitar at church, then our other guitar player moved, so I played lead, and after one night of me playing lead, our sound guy comes up to me and was like "man, you've come a long way since i used to turn you all the way down, so no one could hear you..."

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
He deserved that falcon punch, too!

What kind of moron assumes that just because you can play a guitar you would be capable of playing bass? The nerve of that guy!

i've been playing guitar for years and years, and one day i picked up a bass and realized i love it 1000000000000000Xs more than guitar
Someone asking if you can play bass is not an insult. You probably think that bass is easy and it's an insult to ask a guitar player to lower himself to a bassists level. You are a royal knob.
i don't think i've ever been insulted to be honest

i've been called a show-off...but that's not really an insult to me anyway, when people ask me to play for them....i play so yea that is in fact "showing-off"

i did laugh once when this asian guitarist i knew (who was pretty sloppy, think of Herman Li) said to me a few years ago "yea paul gilbert's stuff has been getting sloppy lately, i think i'm better than Gilbert"

i gave him one of these ---->
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by forsakenpromise
what's the worst insult someone has ever said to you as a guitar player?.

'You can't play guitar'
Quote by dark&broken
I'd like to see any of those meathead homophobes look a Spartan in the eye and call him a fag.