so me and my band booked into the studios today. its a little 'project' near where i live, not amazing but pretty much the best place to practice or to record. the guys a bit of a tosser though. charges extortionate prices and makes us bring all our own drums and everything.

well anyway, we thought we had most of our songs down, about 10 originals we thought were promising and a few covers, so we got it all booked and went down with a few mates and a photographer - he photographs loads of local bands and plays in a couple as well so he came down to check us out and we were pretty excited. got there perfectly on time (without our drummer) and started setting up. we waited for like 10 minutes and finally he walked in and had ..

no drums!

so the guy walks in and starts lecturing us and telling us he wont lend us any drums and that he told us like 5 times we had to bring them. i could have smacked him in the head with my guitar! so in the end we had to pay extra for the drums and (about 20 minutes late) we were ready.

i had my pedalboard all set up. now for some reason its gives me a sort of confidence when i play! even when not using my pedals, i just like to have it there, but my wah is pretty essential to several songs.

well anyway the fuse blew out! (sh*t) i had no pedals. spent the next 10 minutes trying to fix it with no luck and eventually had to play with nothing and i lost it. as a band, we couldn't play a single song and it was so humiliating. all our mates and the photographer were watching, man i was so gutted. we had no effects on any songs, and we could have made do i guess but i didn't feel right and we all fell apart and it was so embarrassing.

the photographer's standing there like "yeah. um. nice one guys"
i cant believe it, were usually so good i cant believe we fell apart so badly! what if this happened at a gig?

well needless to say, our reputation is ruined.
crap
**** man that sucks but don't get down. every band has bad days like that, you just gotta get back up and do it again. you learned a lesson anyway, right?

don't sweat it man.
Quote by wardyh
so me and my band booked into the studios today. its a little 'project' near where i live, not amazing but pretty much the best place to practice or to record. the guys a bit of a tosser though. charges extortionate prices and makes us bring all our own drums and everything.

well anyway, we thought we had most of our songs down, about 10 originals we thought were promising and a few covers, so we got it all booked and went down with a few mates and a photographer - he photographs loads of local bands and plays in a couple as well so he came down to check us out and we were pretty excited. got there perfectly on time (without our drummer) and started setting up. we waited for like 10 minutes and finally he walked in and had ..

no drums!

so the guy walks in and starts lecturing us and telling us he wont lend us any drums and that he told us like 5 times we had to bring them. i could have smacked him in the head with my guitar! so in the end we had to pay extra for the drums and (about 20 minutes late) we were ready.

i had my pedalboard all set up. now for some reason its gives me a sort of confidence when i play! even when not using my pedals, i just like to have it there, but my wah is pretty essential to several songs.

well anyway the fuse blew out! (sh*t) i had no pedals. spent the next 10 minutes trying to fix it with no luck and eventually had to play with nothing and i lost it. as a band, we couldn't play a single song and it was so humiliating. all our mates and the photographer were watching, man i was so gutted. we had no effects on any songs, and we could have made do i guess but i didn't feel right and we all fell apart and it was so embarrassing.

the photographer's standing there like "yeah. um. nice one guys"
i cant believe it, were usually so good i cant believe we fell apart so badly! what if this happened at a gig?

well needless to say, our reputation is ruined.
crap

Kirk? Is that you?
Sig space available, give me some praise
i can't believe my favorite band broke down so suddenly

i lose faith in humanity.

but seriously man, everyone has off days, no matter how drastic is seems, just endure it and if you're really into the music stick it out and you'll be fine
Quote by Arthur Curry
**** man that sucks but don't get down. every band has bad days like that, you just gotta get back up and do it again. you learned a lesson anyway, right?

don't sweat it man.

yeah, dont trust a drummer with ANYTHING
and always bring beer. i mean at least we would have had a good time anyway
that sucks dude, next time make sure all your **** is in working order when you get in those situtations because anything that can go wrong will go wrong. next time you'll get it.
man that sucks just don't get too hung up over it,every band has crap days.
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

"That's what i spend most of my time doing,breathing a lot.I like air"-John Frusciante
i think you should practice without effects,because what if that happens at a gig?
that happened to me before but my 9volt wall thing just died on at a local bar so had no pedals,that is pretty shiity TS i feel for yah.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
The fuse blew out? Did that destroy all the pedals? Or just one? Kinda confused whats happenin' there.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212