Hey can anyone recommend a good tube amp under £600?
It needs to be atleast 30 watts and good enough for a gig. Not too bothered about effects and things like that. I'm into most types of rock apart from heavy metal.
Please help!!!
Not really familiar, but laney amps seem to be a good value in the UK, the VC30 I think is a model to look at.

Other than that I'm not real familiar with what you have over there, maybe look for a used jcm800.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by PollyWntsCrack
^ everyone always tell people it's the best, i like SS personally.

EDIT; to neggbird

Or the TS may have ears of his own and personally think that tubes sound better than SS?

TS: Since you're in the UK look into Marshalls and Oranges since they are pretty cheap over their (compared to US prices). Both would be great for getting you a nice rock crunch.
An ENGL Thunder would definitely be worth a look, I have the screamer which is pretty much the same but with more gain, which you wouldn't need anyway if not playing heavy metal.

EDIT: Not 100% sure on the prices, I think they're around 600ish, might need to go used though.
orange rocker 30 or vox ac30cc, maybe. you could maybe even get a martamp for that, which'd be worth considering, i'd have thought. i haven't tried them myself but hear great things about them, and they're extremely reasonably-priced for stuff which is handwired in the UK.

EDIT: depends on what you mean by rock, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try looking at a Marshall DSL401 as it's a great Rock amp and would suit your needs well
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Quote by Jackolas
Get this....

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/info_00071012.html

Fender Hot Rod Reissue Blues Deluxe Amp

£479.

Epic win. It wins the thread. That is such a bargin...

It does win, I'm picking one up in a few weeks. Used for 500 USD. Can't waittttt.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by Jackolas
Get this....

http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/info_00071012.html

Fender Hot Rod Reissue Blues Deluxe Amp

(Invalid img)

£479.

Epic win. It wins the thread. That is such a bargin...

Those are kind of a rip off in the UK, especially considering you can get something like an AC30 which totally blows it away.
that's not too bad for that amp here, though, if you like the fender tone- i've seen even the hotrod deluxe go for quite a bit more than that...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
that's not too bad for that amp here, though, if you like the fender tone- i've seen even the hotrod deluxe go for quite a bit more than that...

Oh, I knew they were more expensive there, but that just seemed excessive. I guess that really isn't too bad considering the exchange.
yeah, that just shows you how badly we get gipped on them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?