Page 1 of 2
that you heard and you thought "thats gonna be the song that i learn" and it was that one song that you wanted to learn from the beginning. mine was soul meets body and i just got the other one perfected, like the angle-rise against
Last edited by buddha:) at Feb 7, 2009,
"In The Name Of God," Dream Theater.
It's a work in progress.
Gear
Guitars
Music Man John Petrucci 6-String (Mystic Dream)
Ibanez S470DXQM (Moonburst)
Jackson JS30RR (Blue)
Silvertone Apocalypse
Amplifiers
Peavey Valveking 212
Peavey Rage 158
Effects
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Digitech Metal Master
The one that I tabbed

I believe it's also on my profile
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Originally it was "November Rain" which inspired me to pick up the guitar, eventually I did learn it. (On piano though).

I don't know, i'd say right now I dream of playing "Paranoid Andriod" by Radiohead. I can't even understand the layering of the song so I can't learn it.
death cab suck!

jkz.

I like 'like the angel' was one of the first songs I learnt, was pretty rewarding.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Girls Girls Girls

End of the line for me, once I saw them in 2006 during the carnival tour, 2 weeks afterwards I was on the market for an electric, first live show ever also (put the bar high enough :P), sucked not having many good bands out here.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Quote by VanadiumLG
The last fight - velvet revolver.

<3 that song
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
I think it was some Trivium song, but I lost interest in them pretty quickly and just started learning other stuff.

I think Welcome to the Jungle was another one. Hard to remember because it was over 3 years ago.
Focus Shift-Dark Tranquillity.

Work in progress right now-it's not easy learning that after on 2 months playing guitar.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Do you mean the first song learned? I don't remember, but it was something Punk or Nu-Metal (Offspring, Sum41, Linkin Park), so pretty easy. Now I changed my tastes and I'm a metalhead.

Last song I learned? I think Dragonfly by Edguy.
A bunch of Social Distortion songs that I've tabbed (only one up on UG, though ) and Over the Hills and Far Away by Zeppelin. That is one of the coolest intros I've ever heard.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
death cab suck!

jkz.

I like 'like the angel' was one of the first songs I learnt, was pretty rewarding.

i know! i dont much like them ,at all, anymore but its been a while its was just calling my name so i learned the 3 note song and smiled
i wanted to play the guitar to impress chicks

hasn't worked for me so far
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
strangely enough, breed. I wanted to play that riff so badly so i picked up a guitar and learned it. Now my band is covering it
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
Quote by EddyPT
i wanted to play the guitar to impress chicks

hasn't worked for me so far

you just gotta lower you integrity and learn dragon force, thats all little guy. there, there.
Quote by buddha
you just gotta lower you integrity and learn dragon force, thats all little guy. there, there.

You mean Wonderwall.

Don't do it.
i've learned all those poon attracting songs: wonderwall(both the oasis and adams version), hey there delilah and so on...it's just that I'm a really uninteresting person, other than my girlfriend no one likes me
"Google Images is useless. I used it once to search for a photo of farm equipment and it showed me twenty thousand pictures of horse dicks."
Quote by EddyPT
i've learned all those poon attracting songs: wonderwall(both the oasis and adams version), hey there delilah and so on...it's just that I'm a really uninteresting person, other than my girlfriend no one likes me

Learn Glasgow Kiss. Panties will be flung at you from all directions.

...I admit, there's a bit of a learning curve
Quote by irishstang_87
Learn Glasgow Kiss. Panties will be flung at you from all directions.

...I admit, there's a bit of a learning curve

n one has ever heard of that song in portugal

next up for the pussy list: secondhand serenade

my balls hurt everytime I play those songs, but it's for a greater good
Quote by EddyPT
n one has ever heard of that song in portugal

next up for the pussy list: secondhand serenade

my balls hurt everytime I play those songs, but it's for a greater good

You're a sellout, mate.

Play what you want, guitar is NOT going to get you laid by itself.
Quote by Gäbe
Girls Girls Girls

End of the line for me, once I saw them in 2006 during the carnival tour, 2 weeks afterwards I was on the market for an electric, first live show ever also (put the bar high enough :P), sucked not having many good bands out here.

Woo! Quebec FTW.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Quote by irishstang_87
You're a sellout, mate.

Play what you want, guitar is NOT going to get you laid by itself.

i play what I want

and those songs

and don't try to lie, all of you know at least one song to catch the babes
Well been playing guitar for around 3 years now and Muse's Plug In Baby was the riff I just had to play. Now I know the whole song since its relatively easy.

Also, now I really need to be able to play every Alter bridge song since they all rock. A feat which may be to much for me since Mark Tremonti rips now. I know all of The End Is Here and a couple other riffs like Ties That Bind & Find The Real...
Shape of my heart - sting
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
mine was dammit
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by EddyPT
i play what I want

and those songs

and don't try to lie, all of you know at least one song to catch the babes

Hand on heart, no.

The fact that I live in a basement and don't know anyone within 500 miles might have something to do with that, though...
Quote by irishstang_87
Hand on heart, no.

The fact that I live in a basement and don't know anyone within 500 miles might have something to do with that, though...

not even wonderwall?
Quote by irishstang_87
Not a single note.

jesus christ! HAVE YOU NO INTENTION IN GETTING SOME BOOB?
Quote by EddyPT
jesus christ! HAVE YOU NO INTENTION IN GETTING SOME BOOB?

I've got a girl already. I've got no idea how, honestly...
Quote by irishstang_87
I've got a girl already. I've got no idea how, honestly...

same here xD
Quote by buddha
i know! i dont much like them ,at all, anymore but its been a while its was just calling my name so i learned the 3 note song and smiled

Death Cab is one of my favorite bands
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by zippidyduda
Death Cab is one of my favorite bands

im sorry i do enjoy playing summer skin if thats any consolation
Hysteria by Muse (on bass) and Longview by Green Day (bass as well).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
has anyone ever started with a song that didnt suck? the first song that i everyonr progressively wants to work up to sucks, no offense. by the time a got good enough to most, i ended up losing interest in the song itself
Page 1 of 2