I'm thinking about selling my Peavey Triple XXX 60 Watt Combo. It's not a bad amp by any means, but it hasn't been doing it for me lately. My other guitarist plays a half stack and I notice when we swap rhythms for solos, I hear a major dropout in "balls" when I have to support him doing rhythm.

Will a half stack be my only solution? If so, do you think a solid state such as the Spider half stack would be able to get loud enough without sounding like ****?

If you have any other ideas for me for probably no more than 600 american, they'd be greatly appreciated.

thankyou
Member #5 of the The Haunted fan club.
you might as well just buy a bass.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
How about you just get a 412 or 212 extension cab? It'll help with the balls. The Spider sucks and the XXX is a good amp. Don't even think about that trade. Mess with your EQ and try a Vader or Mesa or Avatar 212.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
How about you just get a 412 or 212 extension cab? It'll help with the balls. The Spider sucks and the XXX is a good amp. Don't even think about that trade. Mess with your EQ and try a Vader or Mesa or Avatar 212.

If you say so, I was really diggin' the Spider over my triple x. And the thing is, if I were to get an extension cab, I would need money which would come from selling the amp...
Quote by Rungej
I Want Your Xxx. I'll Trade You A Guitar And My Current Amp

I was hoping for some money
Quote by amped00
If you say so, I was really diggin' the Spider over my triple x. And the thing is, if I were to get an extension cab, I would need money which would come from selling the amp...

Do a brief search of this forum. If you like the Spider over the XXX, either you're a new breed of human or your shît's broke.

EDIT: Money and/or a DECENT amp.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Do a brief search of this forum. If you like the Spider over the XXX, either you're a new breed of human or your shît's broke.

EDIT: Money and/or a DECENT amp.

i'm quite aware of the hatred towards the spider amps, you wanna just help me out in finding some options and I can narrow them down myself?
Well, with a budget of $600, you arent gonna get a good halfstack. I really think keeping the XXX is your best option.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
Well, with a budget of $600, you arent gonna get a good halfstack. I really think keeping the XXX is your best option.

ah I guess so. how much difference do you think a 2x12 extension would make?
maybe you could get a used mesa f 50. I went from a peavey xxx 120 watt combo to the f 50 and I like the mesa a lot more. It gets just as heavy if not more and is tighter. Plus it has a much better clean channel.
Quote by PeavyXXXman
maybe you could get a used mesa f 50. I went from a peavey xxx 120 watt combo to the f 50 and I like the mesa a lot more. It gets just as heavy if not more and is tighter. Plus it has a much better clean channel.

you should probably change your username then, haha.
Quote by amped00
you should probably change your username then, haha.

Not possible, lol.

I second the Mesa F-50 option.