Hey, Looking at building a guitar in my spare time, not expecting magic, but it's something to do.

I want to build a Kelly, with a green maple top. I got the dwg template from the ultimate template thread, but how would I go about making a layout with all the routes etc. You can't edit the dwg can you? (I'm using TrueView)

If i use the templates of the pickup routes, how would I a) put them on the existing template (free programs?) and b) how would I know where they go? Any rules or freestyle it? (Of course the bridge must be measured)

Thanks for help,

Louis.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Right. I can get pro/Desktop from school on monday. Thanks.

Anyone know about placements?

Quote by JagerSlushy
Bumpity.

Quote by JagerSlushy
there was no need to bump the thread, it was only 1 hour, UG's not always fast.

Just print out the pickup etc templates and the body (make sure you got centre lines in everything) then when you cut out the body draw the center line on it and then match up the other routes with the centre line and go from there
It was 13 hours. PM, AM.

I know they gotta go along the centre, but thanks anyway.

Any particular rules on where everything goes, along the centre line?

Quote by JagerSlushy
Last edited by superslash1994 at Feb 8, 2009,
the pickups can go where ever you want, although the distance between the nut and the 12th fret must be the same distance between the 12th fret to the bridge, therefor you'll have to measure to find out where to put the bridge...

Sorry about the bump thing
Quote by superslash1994
Hey, Looking at building a guitar in my spare time, not expecting magic, but it's something to do.

I want to build a Kelly, with a green maple top. I got the dwg template from the ultimate template thread, but how would I go about making a layout with all the routes etc. You can't edit the dwg can you? (I'm using TrueView)

If i use the templates of the pickup routes, how would I a) put them on the existing template (free programs?) and b) how would I know where they go? Any rules or freestyle it? (Of course the bridge must be measured)

Thanks for help,

Louis.

i'm sure that these exact questions were answered in the very same place you got the template from.
Guitarcam, It's cool.

noisefarmer, couldn't see them first time around. I'll have another look.

Quote by JagerSlushy
19 pages later, they're not in that thread.

Quote by JagerSlushy