So I got this bass for Christmas (100% surprise too) and the only thing I can find out about this thing is it's a 35" Scale, has active pickups, has a 3 piece Wizard neck(I think), Bolt on neck. I've checked the serial number at a few different sites but nothing ever comes up. I like it a lot(aside from the textured 'X', yes, the big ugly 'X' is actually textured) but it would be nice to know more about it.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Go to the ibanez website and find your bass. They will give you plenty of info on it, like nut width, pup frequency, and much more.
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
pics or didnt happen
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Some upclose pictures of the camo'd X, please. Never seen this bass in real life, kinda interested in how they've applied the 'X'.

Are you sure it has active pickups?
I've been on Ibanez' site and can't find anything, I've checked at least 5 different countries on their too.

The battery door on the back and the 9volt battery in there makes me think it has actives. I was surprised too.

Sorry they aren't better, it's oddly difficult to get a good picture of it.

It does have a serial number but it's done me no good so far. I've checked it on three different sites today, even looked up what the number is supposed to mean and according to This place it's an Acoustic.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Last edited by Bottle of Dirt at Feb 7, 2009,
I'm gonna say its the Phat tone active preamp, that's what the battery controls. I like it, but I like a tone that lacks mids. Most of the lower range Ibanez sound alike due to this. The upgraded pickups are called the Bartolini MK2s, if you ever feel like going down that route. It has an agathis body, don't be put of by people who mock agathis, it's a good, reliable, mass produced wood that gives a clear tone. The neck will be the BTB4 neck, it's a little wider than the SR4 neck. The current pickups will be Ibanez's DX series (I have the larger soapbars of this series in my Ibanez SR305).

I can't think of anymore information. Now you know about it, play it

I dig the textured feeling it appears to have, although a different mix of colours would look even cooler.

Editz : http://www.dv247.com/invt/48757/ It's very much this instrument with a face lift.

And I may be wrong, I thought all the BTBs had the slimmer soapbar pickups. It may be the normal sized DX soapbars.
Last edited by Micehorns at Feb 7, 2009,
Wow, thanks a lot.

I figured it was closer to the 200 than any other.
Last edited by Bottle of Dirt at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Bottle of Dirt

pics of random places of Ibanez

Wow, that really helps. I can totally tell what it is when you give me pics of the paint job with a 1/4 of the body and an 1/8 of a pickup. Good Job.

Edit: Yea TS I dont understand the Serial Number List. It said mine was made in INDONESIA and that is also acoustic. Lies; for it is an sr505!!!11!
but the headstock does say made in indonesia......
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Last edited by PluckU at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by PluckU
Wow, that really helps. I can totally tell what it is when you give me pics of the paint job with a 1/4 of the body and an 1/8 of a pickup. Good Job.

Edit: Yea TS I dont understand the Serial Number List. It said mine was made in INDONESIA and that is also acoustic. Lies; for it is an sr505!!!11!
but the headstock does say made in indonesia......

My mistake, I didn't see your other post.

The only one I have of the entire body. Why'd you want pics of it?
Last edited by Bottle of Dirt at Feb 8, 2009,
It helps us to identify what type of bass it is, and, well, pics or it didn't happen.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
The LE stands for Limited Edition. Beyond the colour scheme it's a standard 200.
Quote by smb
The LE stands for Limited Edition. Beyond the colour scheme it's a standard 200.

The 200 has the P/J set. Or maybe it's J/J?

That's a 300 with a limited edition paint job. (The '08 LE had the Blue Cube paint) The 400's the same, but with the 3-band EQ.

The Barto's will drop straight in, I fancy a pair for my 400.
Quote by creepingjesus73
The 200 has the P/J set. Or maybe it's J/J?

That's a 300 with a limited edition paint job. (The '08 LE had the Blue Cube paint) The 400's the same, but with the 3-band EQ.

The Barto's will drop straight in, I fancy a pair for my 400.

The 200 has 2 humbuckers and the 300 has a 3-band EQ