Hello I got Rockband for christmas and i was wondering if i could use the rockband drums as real drums on the computer for recording songs as my band is drummerless and I'm too porr to afford real drums. Thanks.
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
Quote by badassasaurus
Hello I got Rockband for christmas and i was wondering if i could use the rockband drums as real drums on the computer for recording songs as my band is drummerless and I'm too porr to afford real drums. Thanks.

download joytokey

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

and something like FL studio 8

and you can use the rockband drums as a midi controller.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Ya sure, if you know how to edit audio tracks. What you could do is get an adapter(or just rig it) from the audio out on your tv, and attach it to the mic or line in spot on your computer and record it from there. Guitar pro also has decent drums with RSE.
Thanks, if I can get it to work i'll be ording the cymbal kit tonight.
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
Quote by GNRjungle87
Can you do this with a Mac? I'm curious also...

i don't really know anything abouts macs. the way i did it on my desktop computer with XP is i just connected the drum set via the usb port, opened fl studio, found the drum set i wanted, then messed around with my keyboard until i found the sounds i wanted to assign to each drum pad, remember the letter of the key, then go into joy to key and assign the letters to the proper pads/kick pedal.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by ldiablo233
Ya sure, if you know how to edit audio tracks. What you could do is get an adapter(or just rig it) from the audio out on your tv, and attach it to the mic or line in spot on your computer and record it from there. Guitar pro also has decent drums with RSE.

No. Just, no.

RSE is terribley mixed, always plays out of time, and just in general sounds terrible.

I like the idea of Rock Band drums, it would actually help you learn an instrument (sort of... anyways.) aswell as just programming the computer to do everything.

Although I do play drums, and can play the stuff I write. I use EZDrummer, simply because I can't record drums with anything near the sond quality I'm after. But some cheaper idea's other than the Rock Band drums would be Acoustica Beatcraft, Fl Studio has some alright standard samples, soundfonts (which work inside programs like Fl studio). Or just MIDI drums in Guitar pro (It's not great, but if you only want to get ideas down quickly, it works. And is 2348902734 times better than that crap RSE sound.)

I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.