Says it all really. I am looking to get either one of these two. I cannot find a comparison thread that compares, specifically, the vox xl with the vypyr. Anyone got any experience with both???

I play metal mainly (Metallica, Killswitch...)

NO "SAVE UP AND GET A TUBE AMP" BULL****, I AM SICK OF HEARING THAT ****!!

M666
I prefer the Valvetronix. But try them and see what you like.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
i have experiance with the Vox AD30VT because i own it. I love it a lot and i can get a hell of a lot of different tones from it. but you try them out for yourself, see what ya like...
If you're playing metal mainly, the Vypyr would be the best choice, in my opinion.

I've played the Vox ADVT-XL, and although it does metal better than the standard ADVT... better does not necessarily mean it's still anything good.

Although, you'll have to try them out to see which one you like the sound of better.
Last edited by dudey5691 at Feb 7, 2009,
Quote by randomhero93
i have experiance with the Vox AD30VT because i own it. I love it a lot and i can get a hell of a lot of different tones from it. but you try them out for yourself, see what ya like...

I have the AD30VT. But it has different models so you cant really compare the original with the xl.

I think i will prob go for the vypyr. My VT is boring me and i cant imagine the xl is going to excite me much more. The vypyr has got loads of stuff on it too, plus a midi out to record onto computer apparently.
I personally prefer the Vox, but I'm not much of a metal player. Maybe look into a Roland Cube?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
I personally prefer the Vox, but I'm not much of a metal player. Maybe look into a Roland Cube?

nah ive had the cube, it hasbt got a soul, just cold tones with no character. im goona get the vypyr i think.
Save up for a tube amp
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.