Ok, as I am getting a new seven stringer soon, I figured I'd make the best of it, and beg for a new set of pups for my new baby

I've heard many good things about both sets, but I dont really like actives, and I've never really heard guitars with Bareknuckles in them.

What exactly are the pros and cons of either set?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

If you dont like actives but want high gain then the bareknuckles will do great. I think thier site should link you to soundclips
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
BKP FTMFW!
They seriously will destroy any other pickup for high gain applications.

However, if you decide those just aren't for you, check out the Lundgren M7. Those things kick serious metal ass too, but in a different way than the BKPs.
BKP's:
Pros: Gives you a better choice for which 7 string pick-up, while still in the "metal" zone of pickups. The thing with them as well is 90% of their pickups, whichever you choose, are Very versatile and are great for that sort of thing, and you can also get ones thare strictly for metal and other heavy varieties of music (aka Warpig).
Cons: Expensive, and take a while to import (I'm feeling this right now as mine are on order, and most likely will take a couple months )
Black-outs for me are very strictly metal pickups, so you lose the versatility factor there. As they aren't too bad for that sort of thing, they are in no comparison to BKP's, and are less expensive as well.
Hope that helps you
Last edited by bowen at Feb 7, 2009,
Guys.

So I take it they dont make BKPs in the US?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance