I have a newly built room in the basement of my house, I want to make it sound good acoustically. It has vinyl tile floor, one wall or concrete, and the other three walls normal sheetrock, and the ceiling is open to the upper level, meaning there is only wood there and some insulationm and it has flourescent lighting, its about 100 Sq. Ft. im pretty sure that covers everything one would need to know about the room. Yea I know this is probably the worst setup for sound waves but I am not sure.

Whats the best way to do this, also, the most cost friendly way. Thanks!
Expensive: glue true soundproofing to the all the walls, put an acoustical ceiling using vinyl rock tile then glue soundproofing to that. Get extra plush carpet for the floor. This will probably all cost more than your rig

Cheap: Put gym mats on the walls, a few throw rugs on the floor and consider an acoustical ceiling with sound insulating bats above the tile.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by etays69
I have a newly built room in the basement of my house, I want to make it sound good acoustically. It has vinyl tile floor, one wall or concrete, and the other three walls normal sheetrock, and the ceiling is open to the upper level, meaning there is only wood there and some insulationm and it has flourescent lighting, its about 100 Sq. Ft. im pretty sure that covers everything one would need to know about the room. Yea I know this is probably the worst setup for sound waves but I am not sure.

Whats the best way to do this, also, the most cost friendly way. Thanks!

Cost friendly? Some people use heavy moving blankets to dampen rooms and you should probably have a couch/furniture in there to absorb some sound. You could also look into bass traps.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
+1 You could use heavy blankets on the floor as well.
100 square feet is a 10 by 10 box. its probably bigger than that. as for the acoustics it depends if you want it to sound good when you play or sound good for recording. for playing down there you just maybe need a little echo control instead of a dead silent and neutral recording space. carpeting the floors would help a lot. you can buy foam panels for acoustic absorbtion but that will get expensive to do the whole thing. if youre not wanting to spend a lot of money you could just buy a bunch of cheap rugs in place of carpet and hang blankets around the outside perimeter of the area about a foot or two away from the walls at several spots. it will look jankey as all hell but it will do a decent job of muffling the echo and it will also decrease sound leaking out.
Carpet, Egg Cartons, Blankets, Cushions, a couple sheep...all of these will help absorb sound.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
Quote by MichaelOfCanton
100 square feet is a 10 by 10 box. its probably bigger than that. as for the acoustics it depends if you want it to sound good when you play or sound good for recording. for playing down there you just maybe need a little echo control instead of a dead silent and neutral recording space. carpeting the floors would help a lot. you can buy foam panels for acoustic absorbtion but that will get expensive to do the whole thing. if youre not wanting to spend a lot of money you could just buy a bunch of cheap rugs in place of carpet and hang blankets around the outside perimeter of the area about a foot or two away from the walls at several spots. it will look jankey as all hell but it will do a decent job of muffling the echo and it will also decrease sound leaking out.

ten by ten is a pretty standard size room. Being in construction (interior finish) I find that lots of rooms are 10 x 10, or there abouts.