is there any free animation software out there? I already own Pivot 3, and was wondering if there were any other good free animators.
Quote by DirtyMakik

THSAT WASQ MPY SKLUUUL`:PL IM'UH SOPI WASATEDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

The Dr. Pepper Group
Blender is pretty good for 3D animation.
not on par with stuff like Maya, of course, but they've made movies with it, it's pretty damn powerful for a freeware program.
what kind of animation? blender is awesome for 3d. read the wiki cause its tough to learn on your own. but its great once u learn it and it exports to any big name formats.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
what kind of animation? blender is awesome for 3d. read the wiki cause its tough to learn on your own. but its great once u learn it and it exports to any big name formats.

Actually I find video tutorials much more helpful.

also, maybe you could get a cheap book about blender via ebay? that's always a good idea.

But like any 3D program, Blender has a very steep learning curve and you WILL get frustrated while trying to learn it. If you know someone who works with 3D programs, ask him to help you and to show you some things, that would be a HUUGE help.
THE only way to get good free animation software would mean you would have to become a PIRATE in order to keep the authorities at BAY.

Yes, I'm posting this again from YLYL/
well for 2D animation software, just download a flash trial and crack it or something, it's pretty much the best 2D animation tool around.

or, you could do it the old fashioned way and scan pencil drawings.

for 3D, Blender is the best thing you can get for free.

EDIT: the movie they made with blender was called "Elephant's dream" or something like that. it looks totally awesome.
Quote by heminder
Blender for the win...
it pwns all...

I used Blender in this class I had at school. It was a bitch to use, but it was still awesome. Man, I miss using Maya
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.