im geting an electric guitar and im wondering if slides will be easier to execute, and also are they harder to do on acoustics?
Ya, they're probably easier on electric, and they sound nice on clean with delay (at the right intervals anyway). They're not harder on acoustics, but the string tension might require you to use a bit more force.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
If they're easier on electric, then they MUST be harder on acoustic right?
Quote by Howard2k

you make sense

but yes, slides are quite easy to use on guitar when you get used to using them
Gear:

Jackson RR-3 Eerie Desert Swirl
Alden Warlord Guitar+Bass
Encore Strat
KTone Alpine White 6/12 Double Neck SG
Digitech RP500
Kustom Amp KGA16R

And A Bunch Of Other Stuff
Quote by Howard2k

Don't mind the erronious subtleties of my text. People THINK they're harder on acoustics, when in reality all one has to do is apply a little more force. Same technique and everything, however.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
what has been said, on an acoustic it's less forgiving and you'll be hearing your mistakes alot easier. f.ex. when doing a slide from X fret to Y, moving the finger across several frets can make it say the "scratchy" sound because of the lack of tension between frets. I've found electric guitars to be much much much more responssive and in this case alot more forgiving when it comes to slides.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...