What bands influenced the sound of Effigy of the Forgotten, Breeding the Spawn, and Pierced from Within when Suffocation recorded just out of curiouosity?
You'd have to ask Suffocation themselves, but judging by their sound, technical thrash metal and some first wave death.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I suppose that also they were about the first band to bring technical virtuosity into death metal, so perhaps they were influenced by technically proficient metal bands before them, even if the sound's a bit different.

EDIT

Quote by Suffocation Official Website

4) Who was your major influence musically while you were growing up?
*we listened to everything , death Metal didnt exist until our late teens so prior to it we were into what was available, Maiden,Zeppelin, Sabbath,Van Halen and all of the stadium rock as well as Hardcore, Cro-mags, minor threat, Carnivore, DRI, testament,Violence,Slayer,Carcass, Destruction ,Exodus,Venom,Napalm Death and all of the bands that existed in order to familiarize ourselves and strive to be different from all mentioned.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Last edited by MHDrunk at Feb 7, 2009,
The name may have been inspired by Morbid Angel's song of the same name, and before Suffocation they were probably the most brutal band around as well.

Quote by MHDrunk
I suppose that also they were about the first band to bring technical virtuosity into death metal...

Atheist?
Last edited by HamburgerBoy at Feb 7, 2009,
Who, MA the most brutal before Suffocation? What about Autopsy?

And yea, Atheist, Cynic and Death would have been some big influences. As well as grindcore ie Repulsion and Napalm Death

Quote by MHDrunk
Who, MA the most brutal before Suffocation? What about Autopsy?

And yea, Atheist, Cynic and Death would have been some big influences. As well as grindcore ie Repulsion and Napalm Death

I'm guessing basically this, plus early Carcass. Although I don't think I'd go as far as to say Cynic.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
That goes without saying
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Hey you guys should all get Suffocation's demo from me and MHDrunk's blog, in my sig, then save it and check it regularly for updates
I <3 Suffocation
Quote by Internal Chaos
One of the brutal death metal bands was influenced by hardcore. YYYEAAAAAHHH!

All brutal death is influenced by hardcore
Yeah Suffocation is doing a split with Suicide Silence called "Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation: How I Pretended to Kill Myself and then Stabbed All of Suicide Silence in their Sleep"

It combines technical death metal with crap. Hilarity ensues.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
Yeah Suffocation is doing a split with Suicide Silence called "Auto-Erotic Asphyxiation: How I Pretended to Kill Myself and then Stabbed All of Suicide Silence in their Sleep"

It combines technical death metal with crap. Hilarity ensues.

Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by HamburgerBoy
The name may have been inspired by Morbid Angel's song of the same name, and before Suffocation they were probably the most brutal band around as well.

Atheist?

Ya seriously, Atheist =