So, I'd like some opinions on nice fingerpicked songs (for a newb), that I can sit back, relax, fingerpick and just chill to the sound of the guitar, and sing a bit... maybe some ballads, I dunno...

I'm on a begginer level, so nothing like spanish guitar and such.
look up Romanza in E Minor... its fairly easy, simple 3 string arpeggios for most of it

Please use tags for tabs....
Still Alive-GLaDOS
Quote by webbtje
I've lost my bovine virginity.

I'm not even going to tell you what that means.

I loves bagels!

Proud member of the Trivium fans group
So far, for Romanza I gotta improve my finger speed a bit, I wasn't counting on actually liking that kind of music, until I played a bit, it sounds great, thank you.
Still Alive I didn't like much, but thank you anyways.
Bulls eye on Broken, how could I not remember that one...
Angeles I can't play it properly, as I said I'm quite a noob. :\
Benighted and Going to California haven't tried yet, but gonna give them a try tonight.

Keep them coming.
Streets of London Chords and tabs on here.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

So far, for Romanza I gotta improve my finger speed a bit, I wasn't counting on actually liking that kind of music, until I played a bit, it sounds great, thank you.

yeah, i agree. Ive always been a bit of a rocker/ metal head, but i find it more fullfilling to get a good finger picking song down than most of my accomplishments with rocking out a good power chord song.
Romanza is a great one to start with and chicks like it (especially the senorita's)

Some that ive learned:
Romanza
Classical gas - eric clapton or tommy emmanual (not really for newbs, but theres a great lesson on you tube (forgot the name, but its green background and 1 of the 7 parts should be on the first page searching "classical gass" <-- note spelling, you'll find stuff under both)
Dust in the wind - kansas
wake me up when september ends - greenday (not really a finger picking song, but it could be, is easy and not a lot of change in pattern - 2 patterns, vary slightly form one another)
there are a couple opeth songs- as i lay dying is good (Very Hard - esp. for newbs, i still dont got it right, check it on you tube for finger picking style)
Street Spirit - Radiohead (See note for september ends)
stairway to heaven - first part especially - good practice
Time of your life (See note for september ends)
Brouree (check spelling, i think mines wrong) - diff style, but still finger picking
as it stands - juliana theory

well thats all i can think of right now, but i know i play more 'regular' songs as finger picks. If i think of them ill be back....
Been working on Romanza... I think I can play Broken and Wake Me Up When September Ends quite well, but gotta master them.

As for Benighted, didn't get quite the hang of it, but I won't forget it and I'll practice when I get a bit more skilled.

Is this the right tab for Streets of London? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/r/ralph_mctell/streets_of_london_tab.htm

Liked Helplessly Hoping, gonna give it a try later today!

Keep them coming.

EDIT:
Gaaahh, I have serious trouble with barring frets 7 and above... it screws up my Romanza. >.<
Last edited by smackmabishup at Feb 10, 2009,
STairway to heavven-LEd Zepplin
if thats 2 hard try like
Far Away-Nickelback
Your call-Seconhand SErenade
Falling Slowly-Glen Hansard
or some Jack johnson like all at once or banana pancakes or maybe better together
or maybe hey there delilah-Plain WHite T's
Landslide - Fleetwood mac

Ill follow you into the dark - Death Cab for Cutie

Hey there delilah - plain white tees

some easy songs that you can pm me for if you want the pattern or the strum/pick pattern for a couple of those- Mrfussytabs
Ive been trying to convert Apparitions (matthew good band) into a finger picking style. its coming along, but not quite right yet. Still a good progression to play with if your bored
Little update.

Stairway to Heaven's still a bit hard for me, I take a lot of time to position my fingers lol, all those bar chords... :\
Gonna look into Far Away and Hey There Delilah... and already knew about Your Call, can play it +/-, didn't really practice it much, it was one of the first songs I attempted to play.
Now, Falling Slowly, I F**KIN loved that! I'm definitely gonna practice that one, along with Helplessly Hoping. What an awesome song...
Jack Johnson I always thought it was somewhat hard, is it noobplayable?
Landslide seemed a bit to fast for my fingers, but I'll try it...
Have seen some references to that song from Death Cab here in the forum, I've never heard it till last week, liked it but didn't try it yet. Also never heard about Dashboard Confessional here where I live, and it seems to be well known around here... weird... anyways...

Chet Atkins is definitly out of my league lol...
Sorry for the wall of text eheh.

Keep 'em coming!

ninjaedit:
Blackbird? A friend of mine told me to try it but when I looked at the tab it seemed too much... gonna look again lol.
Your arms feel like Home's fingerpicked? O.o
Last edited by smackmabishup at Feb 11, 2009,
Blackbird is a really fun song to play daily. It's a workout, but it will really improve your skills.

Yes 'Your Arms Feel Like Home' can be fingerpicked. I don't usually use a pick. It's my first tab and I think I got most of it, but haven't yet received any comments.
Last edited by degweb at Feb 11, 2009,
Yes 'Your Arms Feel Like Home' can be fingerpicked. I don't usually use a pick. It's my first tab and I think I got most of it, but haven't yet received any comments.

well, im going to try it when I get home tonight. Visually it looks pretty good.
Its not really fingerpicking at all but "Over the Hills and Far Away" by Led Zeppelin is pretty fun once you get it right.

Hope I helped
Road Tripp'n by Red Hot Chili Peppers is a great song to fingerpick, very fun, and sounds very nice once you get the hang of it.
Wayne Andrews, The Old Bee Keeper by Prize Fighter Inferno is a very nice fingerpicking song. Most, if not all, of Beck's Sea Change album can be fingerpicked. 20,000 Fathoms and Counting by Bring Me the Horizon is pretty easy, and despite the band, its really nice and mellow, unlike pretty much any other BMTH song.