how could i stop the hurting and burning on the finger tips? is there any good ways to make it stop?
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Stop for a while, ice down your fingers. IDK, Ive just stopped when My fingers have done that.

but its just i need to learn a solo by today, and it doing that its a pain the ass, =S im stopping and resting for like 10 mins but it still wont help =(
Quote by RockxxStar
but its just i need to learn a solo by today, and it doing that its a pain the ass, =S =(

Just get the key the feel and wing it.

Otherwise, you are going to have to take a few days off with bruised fingertips.
stop setting your guitar on fire duh!......just take a break. i doubt you'll be able to learn the solo today
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by paintballcrazy7
how long have you been playing? ive never had my fingers burn. ive been playing a year and a half.

Sliding burns a shi.tload thats why. TS if your learning a solo that requires lots of slides i'd recommend wrapping your fingers in cloth or something thats not too thick but will still protect your fingers
Quote by paintballcrazy7
how long have you been playing? ive never had my fingers burn. ive been playing a year and a half.

ive been playing for around a year, but i play for atleast 4 hours a day, and today i decided to play a solo with slides, and well its started to burn after and hour.
Taking brakes is all you can do. Friction is never you're friend when sliding. Eventually when you build up callouses that pain will go away, but you just have to suck it up until then, I had to do the same, although i built up decent ones within a month of playing. But seriously it takes time to build those up, even with finger strength. You would be surprised at how weak you're fingers really are when you first start. My best advice PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!!
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Quote by Rocketface2112
stop setting your guitar on fire duh!......just take a break. i doubt you'll be able to learn the solo today

well im learning the hotel California solo, it requires couple of slides and bends, and well i learned half of it. hey what if i put some super glue in my finger tips and let it dry? it will get hard. would it work?
Quote by RockxxStar
well im learning the hotel California solo, it requires couple of slides and bends, and well i learned half of it. hey what if i put some super glue in my finger tips and let it dry? it will get hard. would it work?

Noooooo are you retarded? That is never a good idea either take a break or wear some gloves
Quote by dethead666
Noooooo are you retarded? That is never a good idea either take a break or wear some gloves

really what would happen?
Quote by RockxxStar
really what would happen?

Have you ever put superglue on your hands? Not a pleasant experience!
SRV superglued his finger tips to his shoulder, then ripped the skin off XD
And yes, i've had super glue on my hands before. It's not that bad. Just...don't put your fingers together until it dries.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Quote by Jango22
SRV superglued his finger tips to his shoulder, then ripped the skin off XD
And yes, i've had super glue on my hands before. It's not that bad. Just...don't put your fingers together until it dries.

lol well yea i was gonna wait till it dried lol
Quote by RockxxStar

I wouldn't do this anyways. It may work, but it won't help you in the long run. Just keep playing it like you are. It may be your posture and position while sliding. The only times I ever have burning is when i'm not playing right. You'll want to build up callouses as thick as you can, and everywhere you can.
I don't think it's his posture - I think it's lack of calluses on his finger tips. Same thing has happened to me. I played a particular solo and riffs for so long one day that my finger tips were pretty sore. I could keep playing at the time but by the next day I couldn't play well at all because my fingertips were just worn out - they felt like they were blistered but my skin was too tough for blisters to form.

The day after that I was fine. My fingers toughened further from the work but it would have been better to do half the same amount of time over two days than to have to miss out a day.

Don't do superglue. Maybe it works or maybe it will screw your fingers for a week. Hmm is it worth the risk?
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Feb 8, 2009,
It's not in his technique I had it also, and everyone could get it if they play long enough for few hours straight;

Guitar strings aren't fluffy silk.

It's steel, and steel is more resistant then skin, so by making friction, ur skin always loses.

TS, if they are basic slides, then leave them out, and learn the rest. Then come back later to do em.

If it really is too much, you maybe could opt for hammers/pulloffs, but I don't know how much it will affect the sound.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??