well i've playing for about 4-5 months and was wondering if i was doing okay i can play most of F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. by The Fall Of Troy.,Dying In Your Arms by Trivium,just about all of paranoid you get the idea something of that level i can also improv off some scale pattern horribly though haha so if you could tell just how good you were if you were able to play these songs or better.thanks for all help
Depends how much you practiced during those 4-5 months. You're doing alright, try learning some new techniques, like tapping or sweeping.
in 4-5 months of playing guitar i could solo using the pentatonic scale, albeit basically(didn't go past the first box shape thing).
and i could do You Really Got me by van halen, that's all i remember.
ESP LTD M-100FM Tone Zone (B)/Breed Neck (N) w/ Coil Splits
Fender Electro-Acoustic
Line6 Studio UX2
BOSS DD-6 Digital Delay/DS-1 Distortion Robert Keeley ULTRA Mod
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Dunlop SW-95 Crybaby Slash Wah
Pure well good mate.

Everyone's different, some people learn quicker than others, it's not a contest remember.
RULE BRITANNIA
Learning to play a couple of songs in the first few months doesn't really make you good. Basically, you've learned to ape what somebody else created. When you can play improvised lead using different scales modes in the same song, can play rhythm (chords) using open and barre, can name the notes of the neck, are ear trained, etc, etc, etc, then you can consider yourself getting better. At 4 or 5 months, no offense, but you're not going to be all that good.
i can do most of what you said such as solo along with someone while they play in the same key or rhythm with open and barre my ear isnt to bad so after all ive been hearing and support id say im on my way;]
I've played about 4 and a half months and i know some scales here and there and I got some nice songs down here and there (learning Tales from the forest of gnomes by wolfmother) and got a lot of chords down (Got alot of major chords down, and learning barre chords here and there too.). But keep in mind I didnt have a guitar to play at home till christmas and was only playying guitar in my guitar class, were we had to do what the teacher wanted, which was a lot of easy stuff.
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
At like four and a half months i was perfecting the solo to one and master of puppets. Thats pretty good considering it took me a whole month to figure out how to do hammer ons and pull offs
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
I've been playing about 4 months, the only song I can play is Bulls on Parade, I can play Iron man without the solo and I can play some riffs like smells like teen spirit and plug in baby.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by random_B-RAD
I've been playing about 4 months, the only song I can play is Bulls on Parade, I can play Iron man without the solo and I can play some riffs like smells like teen spirit and plug in baby.

I was thinking that you need a wah wah pedal, then i realized you did. I love bulls on parade but I need the wah-wah. Also, you can't really play the solo to it right? You need a killswitch, now of course, you may have one.
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Quote by dwmacfar2
I was thinking that you need a wah wah pedal, then i realized you did. I love bulls on parade but I need the wah-wah. Also, you can't really play the solo to it right? You need a killswitch, now of course, you may have one.

He only needs a guitar with seperate volume controls like Morello used to have.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He only needs a guitar with seperate volume controls like Morello used to have.

Oh ok, that makes sense too.
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
when you play with a strat you switch between the neck pickup (off) and bridge (on). The neck you can hardly hear any scratching but bridge you can.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I could get around CAGED chords well and also play power chords but lead was not talkative.
I can do anything with power chords and most solos in punk. I've been playing for around 5 months. I'm not into metal or anything so I can do most anything punk you want. I also picked up bass and am working at that.
I was probably awful but I ****ig loved it. Still am loving it.

Good luck with your techniques, but don't get caught up in progression for progression's sake, enjoy the music!
I could play a lot of Everclear songs... like all of Sparkle and Fade and all of Nirvana's Nevermind, 'cept the solos on either. I thought my Epiphone Fat-310 with a Morely Just Distortion through my Squier 15watt bass amp was going to be my setup for the rest of my life...
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.