Page 1 of 2
Near everyone I know is sick right now so I figured id start a thread.
What was the worst time you got sick?

I got food poisoning this last thanksgiving and lost 18 pounds (I only weigh 130)
Then another time I was puking for 3 days and when i went to the doc i had to get an IV. they missed 11 times.
About a year ago I had the flu. Not really at an inconvenient time, but it sucked.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
When i was in first grade i got strep throat. I had it for like a month and a half it was terrible, i could barely move my neck and my whole body felt like crap. That's been my only major sickness though, I only get sick once a year in mid january and i got a short cold this year and I'm done with it.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
I lost my voice just before my band had to play a show just last night. Didn't ruin it, but was very inconvenient.
me and some mates had a barbecue. We all threw up at least 3 times each over the next week or so.

only catch was that was exam week

edit: that wasn't the worst I've ever been sick, just the most inconvenient ya know.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Last edited by jgbsmith at Feb 7, 2009,
I had my spleen removed a week ago, my default pic shows the staples, hospital for 7 days, and mono. Mono caused my spleen to swell and explode from which I almost bled to death.

I'm out of school for a month at least.
Last edited by stratkat at Feb 7, 2009,
I had strep throat for a whole week. Missed a week of school and had lots of crap to make up. My throat was killing me, and I could barely move, and had to lie down all day. I couldnt breath out of my nose because it was stuffed up. And I was vomiting alittle too. It was the worst thing I've ever experienced.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
sophmore year i missed all december being sick and still have no clue what i had. 2 doctor told us the wrong thing. caused me to fail chemistry. was a good excuse cuz i probly would have anyway. lulz
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
I got walking pneumonia for one week in two consecutive years back in middle school. I had to take these short little breaths because if I took bigger ones, I'd be able to hear my lungs crackling or something and I'd start coughing uncontrollably. Sort of sucked.

But my main problem right now is Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. It's a form of dysautonomia and, as far as I can figure it out, means that my heart can't pump enough blood because my blood vessels constrict too much. This means that when I stand, my heart beats too fast to compensate, and the restricted blood flow basically ****s with my internal organs. It's incurable, but for most people, it goes away by the early-to-mid-twenties. The weird part is that it mostly only affects tall, skinny, pale teenage girls with blue eyes and blonde hair. It's apparently a very specific disease.

I actually just spent a week in the hospital for it (not including the four ER trips in one week, three in one day). Not specifically for the POTS, actually, but for a by-product- severe gastritis all over my stomach. Very, very uncomfortable. Also, I now have a ridiculously gigantic bruise on my inner right arm, and other bruises (from IVs and blood tests) on my upper right hand, middle right hand, right wrist, inner left arm, top of the left hand, side of the left hand, thumb of that hand, and that wrist. There is nowhere where anyone can stick a needle now.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
onca i had vomit and diareea at the same time, do you know how the **** that feels?
i didnt even knew what to do
xD
i ended up in the shower
LOL
grade one. had the flu.. it hit me like a mack truck during class.. we were all sitting on the floor for story time or something. i asked to go to the washroom. teacher wouldnt let me. so i shat myself. i slid over and this big brown skidmark followed me.. went to the washroom.. shat again. then threw up..(probably to stink at the time) then went home.. off school for a week or so.

f*ck that teacher. ill sh*t on her floor again if i ever see her again
On my 18th birthday, I woke up at 2am feeling like shit. Violently puked my guts up and felt much better, went back to sleep. About an hour later, the same thing happened. This continued all night and by the morning I was just dry-heaving and coughing up bile. The in the morning I tried to have a shower, collapsed against the wall, slid down it and puked the limited contents of my stomach into my lap before getting violent shakes.

Not the best way to start my 18th birthday.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Last edited by -February-Star- at Feb 7, 2009,
I had some peanut butter, resees(SP), and peanut butter crackers recently, yeah, I felt horrible. That made school REALLY annoying.
I was outside chainsawing down some trees in my paintball forest course, it was a bit cold, and I must have gotten strept throat out there, but the next day we decided to go out paintballing in that course that I prepared and obviously my strep throat got worse. But the game was awsome, and I had a hydration pack and lots of halls so I survived. But beyond that paintball game it was sucky cause it got worser, so I bascially suffered from it for a good month without paintball, and it was warm out from then on... its was a real kick in the nuts...lol

Edit: when I was 3-4 I remeber I had a fever and saw grey black and green skeletons... that was freaky.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
i have no clue, whenever i get sick i have a 103+ degree fever(or so I've been told) so I'm delirious and dont remember anything from it, which is probably a blessing
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
Sea sickness was the worst form of being physically sick.
In terms of more traditional illness, a flu I had about 2 years ago.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
now. i just got back from the ER where they gave me 3 bags of IV fluids, steroids, and antibiotics
Too cool for a signature.
I got from my G/f. She was ugly as F*ck that week cause I felt a little better and went to see her. Very Eye Opening. I'm not gonna lie she looked terrible, not like she got the sh*t beat out of her terrible but like she was sicker than hell terrible.
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
i'm sick right now and it's pretty bad. i haven't left my bed room in two days, have a sore throat, body aches and i feel like ****. oh well, it's just the flu i'll be back in no time.
I had a 103 fever and my mom thought I was smoking crack I got kicked out of the house into the freezing cold. :/
Quote by HaKattack
Nooo, pop tarts have delicious fruit filling in them, not cows. How on earth would you expect them to fit a cow in there?
my entire family got a horrible horrible case of the flu a week before christmas. it went away a few days after christmas, so on that day we didnt even celebrate. we just laid around the house trying not to throw up.
Quote by Enihs
I had some peanut butter, resees(SP), and peanut butter crackers recently, yeah, I felt horrible. That made school REALLY annoying.

Something tells me you're probably somewhat allergic to peanut butter.\

EDIT: After seeing that \/ I get it now.
GO YANKEES!
Last edited by Yanks4Life92 at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Enihs

O_O
I read an article yesterday on how there was a recall on a ton of peanut butter products because they contained Salmonella.
Miiiight want to go to the doctor to make sure you don't get sick >_>

Um, worst time I've been sick, was in 3rd grade when I got Hepatitis A from contaminated (stagnant) water.
I was out of school for 4 weeks, and it was during the opening of Titanic at the movie theater, and I was *incredibly* in love with Leo at the time, so it was quite inconvenient being sick.
I must say, I had the stomach virus once and it was terrible compared to the flu. I was barfing and ****ting everything out. I actually got to where I couldn't stand up for long periods of time, and I passed out in the shower and nearly busted my head open.

I recovered from it just in time to see Guns N' Roses perform at Greensboro, NC. This was in '06. However, my back hurt so bad that I couldn't stay for the whole show. It was an after-effect from the stomach virus, but not too bad considering I already had been standing for about 7 hours before I finally said "screw it, I can't take it anymore."
there was 1 time when my whole family got the stomcah flu at the same time. it was very messy
not really getting sick, but i had violent neck spasms at the end of my first semester last year so i had to remake all of my finals
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Second semester of my junior year of highschool.

Came back from Spain and visiting my family. Had a salad the night I got in.

BOOM! Gastrointroitis.

For those of you who are unaware, Gastrointroitis is a nice little disease that can last anywhere from 24 hours to 2 ****ing weeks (as it did with me). The gist of this little piece of **** is that it attacks your intestines from the stomach down. What this translates into is severe abdominal pain and diaherrea every 40 mins. FOR 2 WEEKS.

By the end of the first week, I was sure that what I was excreeting was no longer digested food, but my eternal soul and any chance I had for salvation. By the end of the second week, my soul was gone and I was ejecting Satan's laughter and piss from my anus.

I lost about 10 to 15 pounds in a matter of weeks. I was so dehydrated that I was hallucinating. I couldn't hold any food down. My stepmom forced me to down a liter of Gatorade, with the alternative of going to the hospital and getting an IV put in me. After drinking the gatorade, I throw up every single drop.

Finally, I woke up one day at around 6 AM and felt hunger for the first time in weeks. I ate pretty much everything in the kitchen.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by MandoDrew
O_O
I read an article yesterday on how there was a recall on a ton of peanut butter products because they contained Salmonella.
Miiiight want to go to the doctor to make sure you don't get sick >_>

Um, worst time I've been sick, was in 3rd grade when I got Hepatitis A from contaminated (stagnant) water.
I was out of school for 4 weeks, and it was during the opening of Titanic at the movie theater, and I was *incredibly* in love with Leo at the time, so it was quite inconvenient being sick.

Nah im better now, I suffered a fever and stomach ache for a week. DIDNT EVEN PUKE!!! YEAH!
In third grade I caught some virus from eating something at a Mexican restaraunt and I had to go the hospital and get an IV. I stayed home for a week and drank a bunch of orange gatorade... I remember it being terrible (the week not the gatorade).
well, right now it seems i've had the flu for like a ****ing month and a half...is that normal?
Quote by Haustinj
well, right now it seems i've had the flu for like a ****ing month and a half...is that normal?

Green Tea and anything with large amounts of Vitamin C in it.

Drink them. You'll be better in a few days.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
A couple months ago, I was gonna go to a birthday party with all my friends, but 2 days before it, I got a bad fever. Made me pretty upset, I hated to have to miss it.
.ǝɹoɟǝq sıɥʇ uǝǝs ǝʌ,noʎ ǝɹns ʎʇʇǝɹd ɯ,ı

Voice of the Soul Cover, 5 Stars

Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Your sig just made my eyes flip part of your post upside down. Jesus.

Quote by DewdPerson
This man speaks truth.
when i was in grade 8 i had the flu, for the longest time. On top of having the flu i broke my ankle playing hockey and my confirmation was that same weekend... pretty bad timing
Page 1 of 2