hey UG,

first question is. Is a Noise Compressor the same thing as a Noise Gate?

If so what do i set the Sustain, Attack, Tone, ect to stop feedback? I know nothing about compressers
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
a compressor and a noise gate are completely different things

a compresser evens out the volume of everything you play, amplifies quiet notes and quietens loud ones.

a noise gate reduces hum and hiss. i think theres also a difference between noice supressors and noise gates

your sustain/attack/tone controls wont get rid of noise but your GT-8 should have noise reduction built in i think
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
a compressor and a noise gate are completely different things

a compresser evens out the volume of everything you play, amplifies quiet notes and quietens loud ones.

a noise gate reduces hum and hiss. i think theres also a difference between noice supressors and noise gates

your sustain/attack/tone controls wont get rid of noise but your GT-8 should have noise reduction built in i think

well its got a Compressor and an Advanced Compressor. no idea what they do.
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
The compressor isnt going to do anything for feedback. Thats a noise gate or supressors job.
actually, a compressor is kind of the opposite of a noise gate when you think about it. the compressor makes everything the same volume, while a noise gate makes the lower volume sounds even less audible.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.