ok so I dont even know if im going to be making my own guitar yet. my dad says it would be too hard and he would have no idea what to do with the hardware part as he is only good with woodworking. but if i were to make one, how would i find out which on i like best? wouldnt i have to find the exact same specs on one guitar but with a different body on all of them? also same question for the top, neck, and fretboard woods.

sorry if you dont understand my question it didnt really come out right
Last edited by gtrplyr at Feb 7, 2009,
i want to know how to find which one i like best. i dont want to just go by what a website says about how the wood sounds i want to actually hear how they sound and see which one i like best
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
Quote by LP Addict
i do this every day, people litter this forum with repetitive posts and the same 3 people always answer (me lumberjack ottar) and these 3 people are getting annoyed as you can see.

I do this sometimes too.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
one thing i woulds say to do concerning what wood/guitar you want to build is go to a music store and spend many hours playing EVERY guitar there with every diffrent pickup and wood combo you can think of, then decide what you like best for tonewood, bodyshape and pickups you like the best.
just my 2 cents
Last edited by rontheninja at Feb 7, 2009,