Hey... I got a Roland Cube 30 amp

I like all of the effects on it but I'm not too impressed with the sound quality.

I've been thinking about getting a Marshall amp.

First, what do you think of the Roland Cube 30
Second, do you think I should trade up? If so, which Marshall is best for just jammin at home?
It is a great little amp, but you might want to try a different UG forum to ask this question.
Quote by MachodaLPcstm

I like all of the effects on it but I'm not too impressed with the sound quality.

Second, do you think I should trade up? If so, which Marshall is best for just jammin at home?

NO!! Bad boy!
Keep it. Save up. Or take it back and save up from there, besides the Roland pwns those cheap marshalls
Quote by MachodaLPcstm

roland cube is by far better than low end marshalls.

btw, check out a different forum for these kinds of questions.
You should try a Vox AD series. I tried them and they're great amps.

I didn't like the Cube when I tried it either. It sounded really shrill and fuzzy.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I have the same amp (Cube 30X, I assume). What kind of sound are you looking for? I love the distortion on that thingy.
take a look at Blackheart amps, from what I've read they are VERY nice for the little money you pay for them.

I tried the Cube 30 and wasn't really happy with the effects and strumming over multiple strings sounded very muddy. Or maybe it was because I was playing a Kirk Hammet signature guitar - I hate him sooooooo much!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
ive got a Rolland Cube 30 and I love it. if you got the one with the "power squeezer" feature turn it on and it makes a huge! difference

-Exavior
Well, for metal, use the R-Fier setting for starters. Don't bother with the Classic or Metal Distortions, those aren't too great.

I usually have my gain about 65-90%, depending on exactly what I'm playing. EQ depends on what you're playing. For Maiden-type stuff, it's about 3 bass, 5 mid, 8.5 treb...for thrashier/death stuff I use roughly 3.5 bass, 2 mid, 4 treble.
I really like the Cube. Try getting better pickups, that greatly changes the sound quality.

You may also like Raven amps. they're new, and i tried them at GC the other day and i really like them. they dont have effects though
Quote by Schism1985
aww it's ok! we still love you even if you are a noob

WARNING: This sentimentality will not be seen in all areas of the Pit.

But seriously TS, I recommend checking out the Vox AD series. I made a thread in GG&A about them:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1037909

I don't feel like re-typing it all. My entire review is in the OP of that thread.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
hey,

what guitar are you using?

you might like a vox ad modelling amp better for most settings.
using a pedal on it for metal, unless you get the higher gain version. (i forget the model numbers. )

or you can go with a 5W tube amp and some pedals.

but, altho not perfect, the cube 30 amp is pretty good for the price.

there isnt that much better for around $225.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 7, 2009,
I absolutely love mine. It packs QUITE a punch for its size, and I've been nothing but satisfied with its sound quality.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
NO! dont take it back! I own one myself. The built in effects and overdrive are crap, yes they sound muddy. But put it on the clean channel and hook up some pedals and you will notice a HUGE difference. I have a Digitech RP150 and a Wah Pedal running to the amp, and it sounds WAY better than the effects that are built in. Give it a try. Those Roland Cubes are really good sounding. Just takes some work.