All right, I bought myself a Plantronic USB 650 Headset a few weeks ago for use in games over stead (I had been using a $5 mic up until that point from Walmart).

However, I haven't been using the USB adapter for the purpose that I usually only need the mic, and can plug both the headphones and mic into the front of my computer. However, being the audiophile I am, I have heard that using the USB adapter gives the best experience. However, upon plugging in and plugging only the mic in, sounds from my computer are automatically redirected through the headphones, even if they aren't plugged in. I have to plug both of the chords in in order for the set to function properly. Also, it has not, as of yet, worked once in Steam, despite my troubleshooting.

Is there a way to simply hook the mic up to this USB adapter whilst being able to listen to audio from my speakers, or is it just worth it to plug the mic into the front mic jack of the computer?
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Maybe the website has a troubleshooting section for this product? I wouldn't know how to help you.
Quote by bendystraw
Maybe the website has a troubleshooting section for this product? I wouldn't know how to help you.

I've checked, and I could not find the specific problem I'm trying to fix.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.