so here is the deal..
I have a Roland Cube 60x and i completely love it.. it's very versatile and i love all the effects that it has.

My older brother got a brand new RP500 and he gave it to me, he told me that if i like it i can keep it.

The problem is: i know multi-effects sound like crap in modelling amps, is there any way possible i can make it sound better?

Put the EQ of the amp in 0 and use the EQ of the pedal? i dont know..

please help me with this
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
so here is the deal..
I have a Roland Cube 60x and i completely love it.. it's very versatile and i love all the effects that it has.

My older brother got a brand new RP500 and he gave it to me, he told me that if i like it i can keep it.

The problem is: i know multi-effects sound like crap in modelling amps, is there any way possible i can make it sound better?

Put the EQ of the amp in 0 and use the EQ of the pedal? i dont know..

please help me with this

multi effects = modeling amp
multi effects + modeling amp = crappy tone
multi effects + good clean channel amp = good tone
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
if you went from the output of the RP500 to the CD/aux input on the cube, you wouldnt get that "modeling+modeling" sound. let your brother keep it, stick with the cube until you start moving on to t3h t00bz
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
multi effects = modeling amp
multi effects + modeling amp = crappy tone
multi effects + good clean channel amp = good tone

so there is no way possible i can make it sound good through my amp?
^nope
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Probably your best option is through the cd/aux like nutinpwnsgibson said. On my DA 20 it does bypass the preamp that way. Give it a try and see what you think.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
so there is no way possible i can make it sound good through my amp?
Pick a clean channel. Make sure the output level isn't too high on the RP500 to avoiding clipping in the Roland's preamp. Nobody here can give you an answer. So go give it a try and tell us how it sounds. Using the CD/MP3 input is a good suggestion to try as well. However you will need some adapters for your guitar cable's 1/4" mono to CD input's 1/8" stereo.
Quote by fly135
Pick a clean channel. Make sure the output level isn't too high on the RP500 to avoiding clipping in the Roland's preamp. Nobody here can give you an answer. So go give it a try and tell us how it sounds. Using the CD/MP3 input is a good suggestion to try as well. However you will need some adapters for your guitar cable's 1/4" mono to CD input's 1/8" stereo.

On my DA the cd/aux is 1/4". You need the adapter for the cd/mp3 player.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Use the RP500 in amp/cabinet bypass mode and you got yourself a cool pedalboard with preset capabilities.