I found this guitar on Cragslist and, since I can't go check it out first, I have a question to you guys.

First off, it's an American Standard Strat. It still has the stickers on it, and is only about a month old. I was wondering...There's a metal cover on the hole where the trem arm would normally go, does this mean that the trem is locked, or is it just a cover?

Thanks, in advanced!
its just an "ashtray" cover. it comes of really easily. look at like the new fender 60's nos strats. they come new with them.
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
Quote by sg dude 38
its just an "ashtray" cover. it comes of really easily. look at like the new fender 60's nos strats. they come new with them.

No, it's not an ashtray. I'll post a pic.

EDIT: Here we are!
Last edited by The.new.guy at Feb 7, 2009,
Ashtrays only came on the old Telecasters, I thought. But yeah, not quite sure what that is. A few Strats at my local GC, including the Clapton signature, have those little circular covers on them. I'm not sure if they can be removed, but yeah.
Its a silver sticker Fender puts over the hole where the trem arm goes when they ship it thats all. The fact that it still has those Fender stickers on the pickguard is a good thing, so I'd probably believe the seller that its only a month old the only thing is though that its on older American Standard...well 2007 model tops. You can tell cause Fender changed the bridge saddles in 2008. No biggie I mean its still a great guitar, how much is he asking for it?

Edit:

Looks really nice actually, anymore pictures? Be careful sending money on CL lots of scams out there. Local pickups are always better otherwise I'd stay away unless I knew the person.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Last edited by DSOTM80 at Feb 7, 2009,
No, strats had "ashtrays," too. All of Fender's "premium" models had ashtrays. But, in that picture, that's just a shipping sticker to show that it hasn't been used. The strat's ashtray from the 50's and 60's was really tasteful. I've never been a fan of the ashtray's, cept on the strats.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
Last edited by Thomme at Feb 7, 2009,
interesting.

EDIT: I know what you mean now. It's the little thing that almost looks like a scoop on a Cowl hood for a car, attaches right over the bridge. Those are nice.
Yeah watch, I mean don't buy on craigslist if you can't go look at it.

I just caught a guy in my town trying to sell a 61" les paul junior for $2000.00. So I get on fleabay to see what they're worth. Type in a search and low and behold. The first item that pops up in the search is the same pic of the "61" this guys selling on craigslist. Only it's for auction located in a town 500 miles away. For $6500.00. Needless to say I hate SCAMMERS.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
some guy tried to scam me when I listed my seven-string on Craigslist. He said he would have a guy pick it up and send me amoney order, and I just cut him off right there. >.<
That is my exact guitar - the one I hold in my hands now. Same colour, as well.

Beauty guitar, my friend. Don't worry - it's just a sticker covering the trem socket for shipping purposes. Comes right off.

I'd say you should snag it.
That sticker over the trem hole is a good thing. It means that nobody has gone "wammy crazy" on it, yet..

Looks legit to me...I don't like the 2 post bridge, but if you're going to use the trem arm, it's supposed to be better.

I like vintage strats better
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']some guy tried to scam me when I listed my seven-string on Craigslist. He said he would have a guy pick it up and send me amoney order, and I just cut him off right there. >.<

Ditto when I tried selling an amp. It's a fairly common scam.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣