I suppose Dave @ Avatar amps can answer this question for me next week, but I'm impatient...

I have an 8 ohm Avatar 1x12 cab. This cab has a plate on the back with two jacks that are (I think) wired in parallel. The FAQ on the site sez: "On standard mono cabs, the two jacks are tied together in parallel so you can plug into either one and the other would be used as an 'out' to go out and daisy chain to another speaker cab."

I want to buy another cube-shaped 1x12 cab with a different speaker, but I'm wondering if there's any way to connect 2 of these together in series for 16 ohms? I want to connect both of these to my Tiny Terror head. The TT has one 16-ohm jack and two 8-ohm jacks.

Ordinarily, the "correct" way to do this would be to buy two 16-ohm cabs, and then connect each one into its own 8-ohm jacks on the amp. But I already have an 8-ohm cab, so this won't work for me.

Is it possible to daisy chain two 8-ohm cabs together in series?
"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
I don't think so, I'm pretty when you daisy chain cabs they always end up in parallel. I think you'd have to wire both of those speaker to one jack to make that work.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Are there any 3rd party switch or jack plates I can buy to remedy this situation?

Otherwise,I guess I'll have to order the new cab with a 16-ohm speaker, and then get another 16-ohm replacement speaker for my current 8-ohm G12H30 (and try to sell the older speaker on eBay or Craigslist).
Quote by jj1565
2 8 ohm speakers in series?

Actually, my situation is a little different. It's two 8-ohm *CABS* in series. I need to daisy chain two 8-ohm cabs together in series for a 16-ohm load.

Someone on another site said this is possible with a Series Y speaker cable, but I'm having a freakishly hard time tracking down the right kind of Series Y cable. I found a bunch at this site, but I'm not sure which one is right for me:

http://procablesnsound.com/items/speaker-cables/list.htm
yeah man, i knew what you meant. i was talking about a rewire to the jack, or between the jacks to accomplish it.

but if you want to split out to two cables keeping in series,
i suggest you email the company, because they say that series option not in every case...
http://procablesnsound.com/items/speaker-cables/power-y-adapter-70003-detail.htm

but yeah, im no pro, but i used to line out my fender Bjr to two 1x12s.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 7, 2009,