so i have a choice wheter to buy this jackson...it has the dinky kinda body style and its pretty good looking i played it on a half stack crate amp and loved it...

but then theres this black jackson kelly...same pickups and everything but the body style is badass...

which do i go with?

its got those active jackson pickups....dunlop strings...24 frets.. that should help
whichever shape you like better. If that's the only difference between the two, then it comes down to preference of style.
How would knowing what strings it has on it help? Do you have any pictures or links to the specific models? Or maybe the name of the series they're in? There are a lot of dinky and kelly models out there,you need to be more specific.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Pr0g_Nutz needs every last little detail about the guitar in order to give an accurate response. It may also help to know the builder's dick size, just for his own personal reference
i cant member which model name they were. but the kelly is about 350 and the other one is 425 but the four hundred dollar one has a cooler paint job
Kellys are great guitars, they feel awesome, and don't get in the way.
I'd say Kelly, but only because I'm an extreme shaped guitar person. =D
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I'd say the Kelly. If you're talking about the "active jackson pickups" you are surely talking about the JS series. At that range, the Dinky is just your average squier Strat (just without a pickguard), and what fun would that be? The Kelly is surely more unique and IMO a better guitar, but the Dinky has a tremolo, which you might want to toy around with.

And what is there 26 days left for, [VictorinoX] ?
Last edited by Beebaboo at Feb 7, 2009,
26 out of 30 days left until the warning status on my account is dropped.

I know, it's worded weirdly, but it's the only way to word it so that I don't exceed the 255 character limit for signatures.

I got into a headbutt with some kid who had a REALLY moronic idea, and I called him out on it, and one of the mods reported me and I got into a headbutt with him as well. So now I'm under a warning until the thirty days wears off. If I get another warning, they ban my account, so yeah
It's a complete pain in the ass, because I gave the kid my opinion as well as some advice, and he still said, "yeah, but what if..?" so I got annoyed and went off and was pegged down for not helping, when the mod hadn't offered any help in his previous post either. Basic hypocrisy and double standards, but it's w/e.
Quote by Beebaboo
I'd say the Kelly. If you're talking about the "active jackson pickups" you are surely talking about the JS series. At that range, the Dinky is just your average squier Strat (just without a pickguard), and what fun would that be? The Kelly is surely more unique and IMO a better guitar, but the Dinky has a tremolo, which you might want to toy around with.

And what is there 26 days left for, [VictorinoX] ?

The JS series is miles ahead of a crappy squier.
Quote by Butt Rayge
The JS series is miles ahead of a crappy squier.

I disagree, there are some VERY nice Squiers.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.