I recently had to replace the hard drive on my computer and the people that put the new one in put on "ESET NOD32 Antivirus" on it. Now, they claimed that it was "one of the best in the world," but I've become very sceptical.

Whenever I run a scan and check the scan log, it says the following messages next to MOST of the files; "Error Opening" or "Archive Damaged." This is what makes me sceptical about this. The reason I'm wondering about this is because it is a brand new operating system. It is the first day I've had this hard drive/operating system and none of the files should be damaged.

Anyone else encounter this problem? If so, how did you overcome it?
NOD32 is the best. Something must be wrong because that doesn't happen to me.
unplug the ds router for 5 second then plug it back in, the configure your preferences to high-quality
Quote by jacksonP
unplug the ds router for 5 second then plug it back in, the configure your preferences to high-quality

Erm...ds router?

P.S. CaptainRon, how did you get your text like that?
Quote by The.new.guy
Erm...ds router?

P.S. CaptainRon, how did you get your text like that?

Dumb ****
Nod32 is the best antivirus you will get. If its finding bad archives or can't read some files, its your fault, not nod32's :P
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by .arkness:.
Nod32 is the best antivirus you will get. If its finding bad archives or can't read some files, its your fault, not nod32's :P

Yeah I figured it generally isn't the computer's fault...But I've only had this operating system for a total of...5 hours.

And no, I haven't looked at any pr0n.

Quote by jacksonP
Dumb ****

I appreciate you being so nice...I guess this is The Pit. I can't expect everyone to be mature.

EDIT: Ugh...but apparently my brother HAS been looking at pr0n...I'M GOING TO KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by The.new.guy at Feb 7, 2009,