Hi, i have been playing guitar for like 9 months now, i can play about anything rhythm that James Hetfield plays, but i want to be a metal-LEAD player. so i wonder if any of you can recommend any solos from metallica(or bands like them) that are easy to learn (i know the solo techniques to play em i presume: hammer-on, pull-offs and bends) and maby make a list from easiest to hardest.

P.S: i didn't find any other threads about this, and i wont even bother looking at the huge "Only metallica-thread" for this, hope all this is well understandable

Thanks in advance and sorry for my ****ty english, I'm Norwegian ^^
I think that the beggining and clean solos in "One" are quite simple.
I have been playing for a little over a year and I can nail them.
I like R&B Slow Jam & Funk songs best. Comment me if you likey.
Pretty much all music is good to me.
Haters gonna hate
I'd point out Harvester Of Sorrow's solo as their easiest.
Without counting Load and Reload albums, because I never heard those albums.
i have also been playing for 9 months, and i have learned a couple solos from Metallica. Easiest to Hardest of What i've learned.
1. Nothing Else Matters (Really simple)
2.The Unforgiven (still pretty simple, but tougher than #1
3. To Live is to Die (pretty easy, got some fun simple tapping)
4 Fade to Black (this solo takes a little bit to get down. a couple difficult spots for a guitarist only playing 9 months.)
5. Welcome Home 'sanitarium' (i just started learning about a week ago, and so far, pretty easy)
6. One (i went to youtube and watched a couple videos, and found one that had a great explanation, and only took me 2 days to learn it all. i would have thought that i couldnt play that yet, but it is not as hard as you expect.)

I hope this helps
Oooh, shoot. i forgot to tell everybody the ones i know: Fade to black(all except the last one) Master of puppets(all except kirk's last one) The thing that should not be(sounds hard, its a pretty easy solo tho) Sanitarium(the first solo) One (all except last one) and that's about it. i am completely self thought, so if you start to talk A major's or an F-chord, it will be the same as Greek to me :P
Quote by Regression
Just to be a ****, can you play Battery completely down picked?

hehe i said i knew "just ABOUT everything" not "everything" he plays. but you have a nice point. i can do battery at a slower speed, but i'm not that fast on the lower strings yet to play it like him, i'm ****ing brilliant on fast picking on the high ones tho, if i might ad xD
Opening solo from Fade to Black (come to think of it, most of the ending solo is pretty easy) and James' solo in The Unforgiven.
Quote by Andy_A
so if you start to talk A major's or an F-chord, it will be the same as Greek to me :P

learn your theory first!
am i evil?
whiplash
one (all of them)
the unforgiven
fade to black
ride the lightning
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
remember that you can ad solos from bands LIKE metallica to ^^ slayer, black sabbath, led zeppelin and such and such thanks for all the respond btw amazing assistance