ok so i have a fat strat and i installed an alnico II pro in the bridge position for a more powerful sound. Compared to the bridge pickup the other 2 sound pretty lame. I think i should switch those 2 out also but I don't know what to switch em to. I try to have the best of both worlds you know? powerful humbucker and and couple of single coils.
Unless you want to lose the really nice flangey sound of the neck pickup with the selector in the fourth position, don't change them.
^ I don't know about that Vic, I'm sure he could find something nice to replace them with.

Did you want true single coils, or like, hum-cancelling, more "stacked" single coils?

www.dimarzio.com

Browse that site for a while - there's an option in the bottom right corner to select your pickups.
just put some better single coils in there liike try some lace sensors or fender pickups, you can get them noiseless

i've heard good things bout the emg singles but if they are noiseless i have no idea
It depends on his playing style. I'm a blues player, so I really love that sound form those two pickups together Slightly overdriven is like heaven.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
^ I don't know about that Vic, I'm sure he could find something nice to replace them with.

Did you want true single coils, or like, hum-cancelling, more "stacked" single coils?

www.dimarzio.com

Browse that site for a while - there's an option in the bottom right corner to select your pickups.

what are hum cancelling or "stacked" single coils?
Quote by SHRED.
what are hum cancelling or "stacked" single coils?

Well, you know how normal single coils are prone to that annoying, constant hum? Basically, these are designed and wound so that the hum is cancelled out, or at least reduced quite a bit. And stacked single coils are sort of like an alternative to a humbucker, but still the same size as a normal SC. I don't think they can truly reach the level a humbucker can achieve, but they're pretty damn good otherwise.
then i would go for hum cancelling. what pickup would interact good with the alnico pro II?
Quote by SHRED.
then i would go for hum cancelling. what pickup would interact good with the alnico pro II?

Is that Seymour Duncan? I really don't know much about them...

But if you're concerned, check SD's website - I think they have recommendations as to what sounds good with what.

That is if it is SD, which I think they are? :|
Alright then check Seymour Duncan's site and see what the suggestions are?

Or you could make an entirely new thread dedicated to this matter.