I know Caparison makes custom guitars for artists, and this is more of a thought than an I'm actually going to buy it, but how far would they go for a custom?

For example, would they do a seven string Orbit?

Orbit: http://www.caparison.jp/caparison-eng/e-07product/e07orbit.html

Or a completely custom shape and design?

I'm just curious, for when I actually obtain the money to buy a custom guitar.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Sorry, but the Caparison custom shop is entirely closed to people who are not sponsored by them. But yeah, I'm sure they would do a total custom shape and everything if one of their artists requested it.

If you wanted to get a full-on custom, go to Ran or ESP, or better-yet, just find a good local luthier.
Damn

I"m going to go ahead and guess that getting sponsored is damn near impossible, so I'll leave it at that.

I actually never thought of a local luthier, i'll have to look for one.

for the answer though.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

No problem. I was actually quite interested in a Caparison custom too, until I remembered its only for artists.

But really, local luthiers are the best choice for custom guitars. You get to have direct contact with them, and they'll usually do whatever the heck you want them too. Plus, they're much MUCH cheaper, since you're not paying the for the brand name.
I'm DEFINITELY going to give a luthier a look then, I cant afford several thousand dollars

I do love that Caparison headstock though... oh well.

How many luthiers do you think would be willing to do an 8 string?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I would guess that most competent luthiers would be able to do an eight-string, but some might not be willing to. Depending on what town you're in, you might be able to find one who specializes in ER (extended range) guitars. And if you really are in love with the Cap headstock, they could probably do one very similar to it, if not an exact copy.
Hm...I guess I'll stick to a 7 until I can afford a company made 8, seeing as how a luthier PERIOD will be hard to find for me.

Well I know an EXACT copy would be out of the question, copyrights

Any ideas on how to find a luthier? I dont have the money for a custom now, but in the future it would be a good thing to know how to find one.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can copy the headstock without dealing with copyrights. Just look at Ran guitars. Almost everything they do comes from another company's copyrighted shapes. My favorite example of this is their razorback copy. The logo even looks like a Dean logo from far away, as the wings are around the name. I might be wrong, but I've seen tons of copies of tons of copyrighted shapes that aren't sued constantly.

Oh, and for finding a luthier, just scour the internet like mad. You can also get in contact with some musicians in your area to see if they know any good luthiers. It sounds like a lot of work, but just looking is the best way to find one. If they're any good, it shouldn't be that hard to find out about them, as they should have an established reputation in the area.
Really? Hm, I guess I will just copy it then :p

man, big help.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act