I think the idea is stupid personally. They put brand new guitars on a machine that trash them, then they call it vintage. I have no clue about the quality, its basically a new damaged guitar.
Peace be thy journey
dont want
i think its stupid the idea of relicing
if ur goin to use its goin to wear out eventually
Agree. I've never seen what the draw is to purchase a guitar that's brand new, but looks like it's been around for years. I suppose a lot of these new players do it, so they can look like they've been playing for years. A few months ago, when I bought my Custom Shop Tele, I checked out some vintage Fenders. They played nice, but I just couldn't justify spending $3000 for a beat up guitar. To each his own.
Guys you've all misunderstood the question, Vintage is a brand, yes their Icon series are reliced but that's not all they do. Basically as a brand they put out a very decent low end Guitar with decent hardware, I have had a little try on the Lemon Drop LP copy (Peter Green inspired) and it has a nice sound and feel, I'm not really into the whole relic thing but I want one of those.
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
ya i dont want a relic one but they had a les paul copy that looked cool and im new so i dont know about the whole sound so im jsut looking for somethingdecent in the 300 dollar range
Quote by titans43
ya i dont want a relic one but they had a les paul copy that looked cool and im new so i dont know about the whole sound so im jsut looking for somethingdecent in the 300 dollar range

Go for one in the V100 range.

http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html
I wish I had tallent and ability.

Squier Vintage Modified Strat, Black with laquered 70s neck
Farida FLP-26
Vox VT20+
Ampkit for iPod
Jamvox (not impressed)
i actually like the idea of a new beat up guitar. it just gives the player a differnt look. but as for quality i've never actually heard a bad word said about vintage guitars in the way that they play
Quote by mcardle27
i actually like the idea of a new beat up guitar. it just gives the player a differnt look. but as for quality i've never actually heard a bad word said about vintage guitars in the way that they play

i own a 1974 origional fender natural strat with origional parts and a clear faceplate..

and its f@#ked up like !@#t obviously the origional ,opwner didnt know what a guitar was, and used it as a foot scrubber. all 3 knobs are broken, the bridge is shot the tremolo will never trem again there are TERMITE marks in the back a large chunk is missing from the bottom, but it plays and sounds so beautiful it makes me cry anyone could ever abuse it