my computer will start just wont do anything after its turned on, lights on/fans running.

i was sitting in front of my computer when the monitor went into sleep/or screensaver. i press the keys and move the mouse and nothing happens, i can still hear the sound, i turn the monitor off and on again and nothing.

so i manually shut off the computer by pressing the power button, i turn off and on again, and it just makes the normal sounds of the fans starting ect. but then it goes pretty much quiet like it isnt loading anything.

im thinking and hoping i just need a new power supply. being that would be the cheapest and easiest for me to replace.

it did this yesterday after i restarted my computer, but i waited an hour and the computer turned on normally, ive waited several hours and it hasnt turned on.

if you guys got any ideas they would be appreciated.
Bring it to someone who actually knows how it works and who will not sabotage it for the lulz.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
check your temps with a program like speedfan or even check temps on bios.

Own an Ibanez RG series guitar? Join the group.

Quote by DkassBTU
fly ass ******s wearin my hat

hahahahaha
Quote by gebgebgeb
check your temps with a program like speedfan or even check temps on bios.

The computer won't boot Einstein...

Anyway TS, bring it to a shop, we can't diagnose hardware problems from 2000 miles away...
Quote by nathan900
my computer will start just wont do anything after its turned on, lights on/fans running.

i was sitting in front of my computer when the monitor went into sleep/or screensaver. i press the keys and move the mouse and nothing happens, i can still hear the sound, i turn the monitor off and on again and nothing.

so i manually shut off the computer by pressing the power button, i turn off and on again, and it just makes the normal sounds of the fans starting ect. but then it goes pretty much quiet like it isnt loading anything.

im thinking and hoping i just need a new power supply. being that would be the cheapest and easiest for me to replace.

it did this yesterday after i restarted my computer, but i waited an hour and the computer turned on normally, ive waited several hours and it hasnt turned on.

if you guys got any ideas they would be appreciated.

umm.... I don't think it could be the power supply (i may be wrong) but usually, if the power supply is bad, it either wont turn on at all or it will shut off after a few seconds....

might be the video card....idk
I give up.
UG's HIPPIE
Quote by Freddedonna
The computer won't boot Einstein...

Anyway TS, bring it to a shop, we can't diagnose hardware problems from 2000 miles away...

It doesn't need to boot to get to BIOS, Einstein. If it shows the motherboard logo or anything for that matter, hit "del" or "f12" or "f2" depending on the motherboard and it goes to BIOS....

EDIT: holy double post, Batman!
UG's HIPPIE