How do i record through my mixer? Buy a USB Interface and connect it too the computer?
my gear: Gibson 2008 Standard Flying V
Marshall MG100DFX
2006 Mexican Stratocaster
GAS Gear: Gibson 1959 Goldtop Les Paul
Vox AC30 Custom Classic
Jackson USA Soloist

Line out(mixer) --> Line In(computer)
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by DirtyMakik

Line out(mixer) --> Line In(computer)

/thread
███████
███████████
██████████████
███████████████
█████████████
███████████████
███████████
███████

Quote by xaviergray
You shouldn't need a USB interface if you've already got a mixer...?

you do if you want decent audio quality. computers generally have really crappy A/D converters built in.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
you do if you want decent audio quality. computers generally have really crappy A/D converters built in.

Ding ding ding!!! Correctamundo.
Quote by xaviergray
Oh, OK. Got my terms mixed up.

*punches self in face*

well, I mean really you can go stright from the mixer to a computer, it just wont sound any better than demo quality.

Last.fm
Just get a quarter inch to stereo cable.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Julz127
Just get a quarter inch to stereo cable.

Don't do this unless you like having **** quality.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well, I mean really you can go stright from the mixer to a computer, it just wont sound any better than demo quality.

What I had understood was that USB interfaces were essentially external sound cards with inputs. So I suppose in combination with a mixer this makes sense.
Quote by xaviergray
What I had understood was that USB interfaces were essentially external sound cards with inputs. So I suppose in combination with a mixer this makes sense.

Exactly, the importance of the interface is that it will likely be miles better for recording than the standard onboard soundcard.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Exactly, the importance of the interface is that it will likely be miles better for recording than the standard onboard soundcard.

Unless you have a good soundcard.

Ie; what kind of sound card do you have?
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by Kid_Thorazine

Do you know of any good, cheap interfaces? (I'm considering the Apogee Duet)
Quote by solid_moose
Unless you have a good soundcard.

a good recording soundcard, and most of them come in the form of interfaces. and he has a good recording card, he would have bought it himself and wouldn't be asking about interfaces.
Quote by xaviergray
Do you know of any good, cheap interfaces? (I'm considering the Apogee Duet)

I use a Presonus Audiobox, it's about $150 US, you can't go wrong with E-Mu sttuff either.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
a good recording soundcard, and most of them come in the form of interfaces. and he has a good recording card, he would have bought it himself and wouldn't be asking about interfaces.

I use a Presonus Audiobox, it's about $150 US, you can't go wrong with E-Mu sttuff either.

Do they also work as preamps for recording vinyl? I've been wanting to record some old records of my father's so we can sell them.

EDIT: Wow, it comes with Cubase as well. (right now I'm using Logic, but you can never have too many DAWs, I suppose)
Last edited by xaviergray at Feb 8, 2009,
I just ordered the Lexicon Lambda. Look into that. It's $150 and it comes with Cubase.
Quote by xaviergray
Do they also work as preamps for recording vinyl? I've been wanting to record some old records of my father's so we can sell them.

mine doesn't have line level inputs, and that's what you would want for recording vinyl.

Last.fm