Page 1 of 6
The bushfires are terrible this year... I think they were saying something like 40 deaths so far and ****loads of properties have burnt down. I heard that one town got completely obliterated by the fires. Does anyone here know anyone who has lost there home? I live in Wodonga and there's no fires here but the smoke is pretty thick outside. Stanley is pretty much ****ed and Beechworth is lookin in danger.

On the other hand in Queensland the floods are so bad that people are traveling and going to work in dinghies. Seriously wtf is happening to this country?

Btw if you didn't know these places are all in australia
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Floods AND bushfires at the same time lol..
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Try swapping?
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
The bushfires are terrible this year... I think they were saying something like 40 deaths so far and ****loads of properties have burnt down. I heard that one town got completely obliterated by the fires. Does anyone here know anyone who has lost there home? I live in Wodonga and there's no fires here but the smoke is pretty thick outside. Stanley is pretty much ****ed and Beechworth is lookin in danger.

On the other hand in Queensland the floods are so bad that people are traveling and going to work in dinghies. Seriously wtf is happening to this country?

Btw if you didn't know these places are all in australia

I live in Yinnar South, a little town nestled amongst all the recent fires, (Well, the Churchill one and the boolara/Yinnar one), atm their both burning out of control, about 80,000Ha combined, I've been evacuated this weekend and last (I'm home again now).

But there was 9 dead in my area, and the fires are just terrible, I saw them yesterday at like 3pm, and they were insane.
Then at 6pm, the sky turned blood red, and everything was dark, and by 7:30, it was pitch black outside and literally raining ash (This was in Traralgon)...

All pretty nasty if you ask me.

Edit: While I'm here, I might as well tell my story.

Okay, so at about 1:20pm, I was laying in bed trying to sleep and get away from the heat, when my mum comes into my bedroom and says they're going for a quick drive down the road to check out where the smoke is coming from (We're in a little hollow, can't see anything), and then some neighbours come down, and tell us there's a huge fire right around the corner (Not as close as they said, but smeh), so we jumped into action, I was grabbing my **** and running to the car, and then helping mum with everything else. Once we figured out it wasn't really that close, we just kept making everything was ready for a fire front to come through (The wind was blowing it away from us, but it was meant to change, and blow back towards us, which would give us only like a couple of hours to get out... I choose to get my grandparents to come and get me and most of my stuff (Guitar, clothes, computers, and stuff I use all the time), and so I left (Keep in mind, it was only like 1:45 once we were doing all the protection stuff)...

So yeah...
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Last edited by Jesstaa at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now that's what I call beating around the bush.

ba da

ching
I live in wandong, and the whole back of our town got burnt down with some homes. the power had been out since lunch time yesterday and half the sky was just covered in smoke. we know about 3 people that lost their homes aswell.

Quote by Jesstaa
I live in Yinnar South, a little town nestled amongst all the recent fires, (Well, the Churchill one and the boolara/Yinnar one), atm their both burning out of control, about 80,000Ha combined, I've been evacuated this weekend and last (I'm home again now).

But there was 9 dead in my area, and the fires are just terrible, I saw them yesterday at like 3pm, and they were insane.
Then at 6pm, the sky turned blood red, and everything was dark, and by 7:30, it was pitch black outside and literally raining ash (This was in Traralgon)...

All pretty nasty if you ask me.

Edit: While I'm here, I might as well tell my story.

Okay, so at about 1:20pm, I was laying in bed trying to sleep and get away from the heat, when my mum comes into my bedroom and says they're going for a quick drive down the road to check out where the smoke is coming from (We're in a little hollow, can't see anything), and then some neighbours come down, and tell us there's a huge fire right around the corner (Not as close as they said, but smeh), so we jumped into action, I was grabbing my **** and running to the car, and then helping mum with everything else. Once we figured out it wasn't really that close, we just kept making everything was ready for a fire front to come through (The wind was blowing it away from us, but it was meant to change, and blow back towards us, which would give us only like a couple of hours to get out... I choose to get my grandparents to come and get me and most of my stuff (Guitar, clothes, computers, and stuff I use all the time), and so I left (Keep in mind, it was only like 1:45 once we were doing all the protection stuff)...

So yeah...

Almost sounds like a doomsday movie... kinda freaky considering that it's most likely gonna keep getting hotter every year so i mean eventually no place in australia could be safe
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
Almost sounds like a doomsday movie... kinda freaky considering that it's most likely gonna keep getting hotter every year so i mean eventually no place in australia could be safe

I plan to make a move to Europe once I'm 18, because I'm a bit of a winter person.

But I'm worrying for next year, because I'm in like the only unburnt bit in my area now... So I'm next.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
This was pretty scary...

...living in country Australia, I was around the worst areas.

Places burnt down in Horsham and Dimboola, quite close to my sister and girlfriend.

An entire club burnt down.

My father's a policeofficer, so we were ahead the whole time, and the worst was over soon, but still...

...the worst I've experienced my entire life.
Since I live in Cairns im experiencing the floods first hand. Luckily I live on a hill and our side of the city has some decent drainage though
I'm about 200km from the other fires and there is heaps of smoke everywhere, you cant see more than 200m.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
i went to high school at Plenty Valley, which is right near whittlesea and Kinglake, so a whole bunch of my friends live out there. A couple of friends of mine have lost their entire homes. One family from my school is confirmed dead. Its pretty crazy. Im thinking im lucky i live in the suburbs, but I honestly cant imagine what it would be like out there.
This is beyond devastating... its now said that 65+ people are dead and more are bound to be found in the ruins of homes this has got to be worse than ash wednesday... and these ****heads that started some of the fires are ****ing idiots!!!
Quote by guitar567
This is beyond devastating... its now said that 65+ people are dead and more are bound to be found in the ruins of homes this has got to be worse than ash wednesday... and these ****heads that started some of the fires are ****ing idiots!!!

Yeah who agrees that these people should be strung up by their nutsacks to bushfire prone trees

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by i_lovemetallica
I'm about 200km from the other fires and there is heaps of smoke everywhere, you cant see more than 200m.

Geez, not good. The fuzz are wondering if the fires have been deliberately lit, I bloody hope they haven't.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
Yeah who agrees that these people should be strung up by their nutsacks to bushfire prone trees

What I think is most insulting, is that after a fire has been controlled, arsonists - mainly pyromaniacs from the CFA - go behind their own lines and relight the fires. It is just cruel, sadistically so.
I don't understand why all these people who are about to get their **** ruined by some asshole wildfire, don't just all turn on their waterhoses at the same time.

I mean, c'mon. C'mon.
It was about 50 degrees some places down here in Victoria, now its like 20. This weather is f****** crazy

Quote by TGautier13
I don't understand why all these people who are about to get their **** ruined by some asshole wildfire, don't just all turn on their waterhoses at the same time.

I mean, c'mon. C'mon.

.....If only it was that easy

Plus the fires aren't helping our water crisis
"I quit my low carb diet when all i had the strength to do was sit and eat sausage and pork rinds and think, "this must be what it feels like to have cancer, a special kind of cancer that makes your poop float.""

This is br00t4l
Last edited by thr4sh1ng_m3t4l at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by TGautier13

I mean, c'mon. C'mon.

They do

I think your underestimating the intensity of the fires

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
what goes on i their mind i wonder

I can understand why people would want to light fires. I could never do something like that myself, but I understand the thrill and enjoyment you’d get out of it. It's like heroin, I don’t do it, but I get why other people do it.

EDIT: This weather has f*cked the truss rod on my guitar. Why is everything bad happening to me today?
Last edited by RollingRamones at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by TGautier13
Well then... build moats?

In Victoria and most other parts of Australia we're practically in constant drought :/

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
^ A hosepipe is a tad insufficient to stop a 100 metre tall wall of fire being ushered by 100kph winds. Just so you know.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I could see the smoke from Victoria in Adelaide yesterday. I was watching the news and because there were such high speed winds, it was blown down here.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
^ A hosepipe is a tad insufficient to stop a 100 metre tall wall of fire being ushered by 100kph winds. Just so you know.

It doesn't help that the fires are a natural part of the Australian environment, and all the Eucalyptus trees secrete flammable oils to help it along.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Funny, I was writing a song about the fires in Victoria, I took a break from writing and I go on UG, and here is this thread. It's absolutely terrible. My thoughts are with the people lost and there familes.
Quote by TGautier13
Well, damn guys. Call Captain Planet?

I cant think of anything else..... Blastoise?

****, over 700 houses and 66 people have been killed so far....
Black Friday, the worst Australian fires up until this point had 57 dead.

I almost feel guilty that everything is wet and green, and not on fire up here on northern NSW.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Last edited by Julz127 at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by Julz127
I cant think of anything else..... Blastoise?

****, over 700 houses and 66 people have been killed so far....
Black Friday, the worst Australian fires up until this point had 57 dead.

I almost feel guilty that everything is wet and green, and not on fire up here on northern NSW.

I know.

and they are saying the numbers are just going to keep on getting higher.
Last I heard, as I said, 9 people in my area(ish), probably only like 2 in towns neer me though.

Hopefully nobody I knew, because I know a few people that lived on the hill that I watched burn.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I'm watching it all on the news. Hope you all get through this alright in the end. Preferably alive, if you can manage it.
XIAOXI
Yeah I've been asked by a friend whose brother works with the CFA to donate clothing and stuff for the displaced. I dont know how many others among you have been asked to do the same but do consider it, by all means they need every bit of excessive material we have right now.