So Monday morning I go to CPAT orientation to start the hiring process to become a fire fighter and I was wondering if there is any Fire Fighters here on UG that might give me a heads up as to what to expect.

Thanks guys.

Peace.
Dont know about the USA, but in the UK it is a really tough entrance required. My uncle got declined 5 times and he was in peak physical condition.

Funny thing is most sit and eat donuts all day so they lose it all when you join.
fight it........

WITH FIRE

/ metallica reference

EDIT: also make sure you get the smoke off the water

*reserved for more
It has come to my recent attention that our good friend CoreysMonster is not permanently detained in the Fotb.

i would like to make an apology to the following people:

that is all.

I use Linux
Last edited by metalmanjosip at Feb 8, 2009,
Quote by DegaMeth
Dont know about the USA, but in the UK it is a really tough entrance required. My uncle got declined 5 times and he was in peak physical condition.

Funny thing is most sit and eat donuts all day so they lose it all when you join.

haha wow, my grandfather did it for 43 years and he basically said the same thing.

I've watched a few videos for the physical part just wanted a second hand account from someone though.
Quote by Cheesemaster
Why put fires out? It's fun to watch things burn.

(Hides inner pyro)

Lol, that's why I want to do it, well partly. I just love fire. And saving lives is high on my list of things to do in life.
Quote by silversoulcage
Lol, that's why I want to do it, well partly. I just love fire. And saving lives is high on my list of things to do in life.

do they at least have chili?
Quote by Cheesemaster
Why put fires out? It's fun to watch things burn.

hides inner pyro

I like you.

Also, a firefighter who likes fires? That's a paradox!

Last edited by SaintsofNowhere at Feb 8, 2009,
Lesson 1 - Don't come to Australia to fight our fires... They're nasty.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by silversoulcage

If you love fires why would you want to put them out?
Quote by silversoulcage

You might be assigned to another thing, like car accidents or something. My uncle works in road traffic accidents. Horror stuff.

Anyway you will dislike fire once you have been in a burning building. My uni was torched years ago and i got some smoke inhallationl. Not ****ing nice i tell you.
Quote by DegaMeth
You might be assigned to another thing, like car accidents or something. My uncle works in road traffic accidents. Horror stuff.

Anyway you will dislike fire once you have been in a burning building. My uni was torched years ago and i got some smoke inhallationl. Not ****ing nice i tell you.

The way our fire dept works here is like you can do anything, if you get a call then you go deal with it, their trained for any situation.

And yes I could imagine being in a burning building would not be fun, I guess a better thing to say is that I'm not afraid of fire.
I'm planning on becoming a firefighter, too. When I graduate HS next year I'm going to take a Fire Science course at my local community college. Tell me how everything goes, and good luck!
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power
I'm planning on becoming a firefighter, too. When I graduate HS next year I'm going to take a Fire Science course at my local community college. Tell me how everything goes, and good luck!

Thanks man, add me and after I get through with everything I'll for sure let you know whats up.

What part of the country are you from, just out of curiosity.
Quote by silversoulcage
Thanks man, add me and after I get through with everything I'll for sure let you know whats up.

What part of the country are you from, just out of curiosity.

El Paso, it's in the very western point of Texas.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power